My Multi-Effect pedal is having some issues, and Im going to be buying a new set of pedals soon... Although for the price I may be able to get a closed back 4x12 cab too... Im not really sure yet.

anyway, I find the C30 has almost plexi-style crunch to it, its better than most fender amps Ive heard when driven, yet not so metalish...

it doesnt seem to emphasize palm mutes well, and artificial harmonics dont really scream off it, but thats just the style of the amp... And it can sound metal enough with a pedal in front of it...

the question is -- which pedal? Should I get a TS and boost the gain channel (I cant really crank it loud, I play small venues at best, and most of the time at home), or some kind of distortion pedal (metal muff, Boss ds-1, etc), or just try to get a closed back cab for the thing and run it on it's own gain channel alone.

I can get tone pretty close to stuff like "Number of the beast", but Im looking more for stuff like "moonchild". Iron maiden was just one band I was thinking about to describe the sound, another would be Randy Rhodes stuff.

I'm thinking just a TS pushing the gain channel would give me that tone pretty well, although Im not sure
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
wow, you're finding harmonic's hard to get and palm mutes not powerful enough? I played one with an Epi Sheraton and got some wicked pinch harmonics and some chunky sounds out of it. Maybe a tubescreamer, but if you want to add a touch of gain but some more umph get an EQ.
Try the settings in the Settings thread. Then boost it with an OD. I get some good thrash tones with an OD is front. You could try the metal muff though you probably won't need it. Tubescreamers, Bad monkey, OCD, all good overdrives. How much do you have to spend on one
I would personally go for an overdrive of some sort, the gain channel will definitely reach metal with a little drive and some EQing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
yeah, I dont have much -- only reason Im pushing to do stuff soon is because im having some troubles with my current pedal setup...

Ive got like $17, but I'll have a little more in the future (if some sales come through I should have $50 from a friend).

I might be able to do a bad monkey. Maybe a dano fish and chips too, but saving for it will take awhile
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I'd get a Fulltone OCD pedal. Will certainly bring out the harmonics!

Another pedal worth checking out for Iron Maiden sounds would be something like the YJM308 - i've just picked mine up recently after searching for a while. It's a treble boost as well, and really brings out the best of the amp without colouring the tone. The OCD would be similar, but not as much of a treble boost.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by mck_776
I'd get a Fulltone OCD pedal. Will certainly bring out the harmonics!

Another pedal worth checking out for Iron Maiden sounds would be something like the YJM308 - i've just picked mine up recently after searching for a while. It's a treble boost as well, and really brings out the best of the amp without colouring the tone. The OCD would be similar, but not as much of a treble boost.

He definetly can't afford an OCD

Get the BM and Fish'n chip. They are good pedals