ALright, it says Warwick Rockbass on the top, so i'm guessing its a Corvette Basic as i only got it for about 400$US (but who knows sometimes pawn shop buys can be unpredictable in terms of pricing), the input is on the underneath of the body, the pickups say MEC on them, four pots, and 24 frets. I played it at the shop and for as first bass at that price it sounded damn good (through a ashdown stack what wouldn't but w/e). So can anyone say with certainty what i have bought. I know it sounds rediculous but i basically went on how it sounded alone with little research into the model. (also another newbie to bass question, how can i tell if its active or passive without taking it apart?).
MEC pickups have silver MEC logos if they're passive or gold if they're active.

You have a Rockbass, which aren't bad, but they aren't real Warwicks. They do sound good though, for the price... also every Warwick Corvette I've seen has three knobs, and if it's an active bass, it has a stacked knob with treble on top and bass on bottom.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
rockbass is to warwick what squire is to fender. warwick makes cheaper versions of other warrwicks to play is basically what they are .
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
Ok, uh well its silver, so I'm guessing its passive, but its got four knobs, and it does have a kinda black casing on the back which can be unscrewed but the pickups are definitely silver MEC's so I'm not sure. Ill upload a photo in 5 minutes and it would be really helpful if someone could give me a definite answer.
Quote by yoshimi123
Ok, uh well its silver, so I'm guessing its passive, but its got four knobs, and it does have a kinda black casing on the back which can be unscrewed but the pickups are definitely silver MEC's so I'm not sure. Ill upload a photo in 5 minutes and it would be really helpful if someone could give me a definite answer.

Passive pickups, active pre amp.
Body

Headstock

Back

So any definate answers? If so can someone give me a quick run down of its features. (Quality of MEC Pickups ect.) P.s This is my first bass so explanation of active vs. passive would be helpful as well as what a "active pre-amp" contributes, i know its tedious explaining so much but I'm quite in need of help on this matter. Thanks.
Last edited by yoshimi123 at Sep 21, 2008,
If you haven't already, do a run through the FAQ. It should answer your questions.

And if this is your first bass, you should just get down and start playing, don't worry about pickups and whatnot for at least a FEW days
Yeah, it's a Rockbass Corvette with what I would imagine is a two band EQ and passive MEC pickups as mentioned above.

Rockbass is definitely not trash, and I would say you have a very nice first bass on your hands.

At any rate, it won't sound as great as a real Warwick, but it could get you into Warwicks for sure, since it's basically a Warwick stripped of it's unique tone woods, natural finish (on some models, anyway) and amazing bridge... I'm 99% sure the MEC pickups are the same quality as the real deal, but I'm not so sure about the preamp... I would assume it is though.

Either way, it'll make a great first bass.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
great bass good price...also NOTHING wrong with buying a bass simply based on the fact that it sounds good...geez what else is it gonna do

i almost bought one myself but i want a Thumb BO sooo bad....

HAVE FUN!
Those aren't the stock pick ups for that bass. Usually they come with MEC Gold, but those ones in it right now are much nicer. And yes they are active electronics that are also MEC. So yah, like previously mentioned it has all the electronics of the real warwicks, but not the tone woods or bridge
Enjoy the bass man
Quote by Spankyx2
rockbass is to warwick what squire is to fender. warwick makes cheaper versions of other warrwicks to play is basically what they are .

I totally agree
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?