Why is there not a thread on these guys? if there is it's hard as hell to find it with a band name like down lol..

Anyways discuss the great band Down! Anyone else like 'em or am I the only one?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Down sucks ass. A two-dollar-hooker's ass.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

darkstar is a doorknob. I freaking love Down, but I'm not too big on their new album.

NOLA is what really opened the door for me to sludge. Without Down, I would never have heard Crowbar, EYEHATEGOD, COC, Acid Bath, etc.

I saw them live almost a year a go in Seattle and they were amazing. Even their new songs sounded good.
I bought Nola and dug quite a bit,it was kind of forgettable though.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I'm seeing metallica in october and down and the sword are supposed to be opening for them, so I cant wait for that!! I'm psyched
Quote by DeathToSexy
darkstar is a doorknob. I freaking love Down, but I'm not too big on their new album.

NOLA is what really opened the door for me to sludge. Without Down, I would never have heard Crowbar, EYEHATEGOD, COC, Acid Bath, etc.

I saw them live almost a year a go in Seattle and they were amazing. Even their new songs sounded good.

Truf, on all accounts.

The best thing about me hearing Down: The fact that Jimmy Bower is their drummer and Pepper Keenan is their guitar player.
Quote by darkstar2466

this, and I'm positive there is a down thread.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by powerhead
I just lost all respect for you.

There are about 3 Down threads btw.

In Soviet Russia, Gandalf loses respect for you!

But seriously... Down is all bad.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

But seriously... Down is all bad.

and why is that?
I'm guessing it has something to do with this thing called an opinion.

But seriously... I could never actually lose all respect for someone with an avatar like that, and is also a Sabbath elitist :P

I still love Down though, and Nola is one of my all time favourite albums.
Seriously though, I was just trolling. I am okay with Down. I find them just a tad generic, but that was only from what I heard at their 20-minute set list before Megadeth. I should check them out some time. Nola, you say?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Down are pretty damn good I think. I've got Down I & III, & I would say that Nola is definately better than the new-un. The production on the new album nearwhere near hits Nola. The new-un just sounds too damn messy, lazy & rushed to me. Don't know about the second tho', what's that like, anyone?
Well, for me, Down I is the favourite, III is second and II is last, but by no means a bad album. The production is decent - closer to III's sound though. It probably sounds more like III than Nola. I love all 3 albums though. Just depends on what kinda mood I'm in.