I'm speaking more ont he lines of Robert Johnson I've tried that stuff before and I can barley play it! Then Again it would take practice but it seems he's almost unplayable
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Quote by thrashing moles
well, duh he had the pick of destiny... do you have the pick of destiny?

Don't Pull that crap that was funny how they mentioned him in the movie though
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Epiphone G-310 SG
Slide guitar thread, there is.

Get the Warren Haynes Acoustic Slide Guitar and Improvisation Hotlicks video.

Tune to open A.

Learn how to finger pick.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I suck at slide guitar. I never work on it though. Nothing against it, it just doesn't appeal to me (playing that is, I love to listen to some good slide)

Ditto love the sound but just isn't my thing I bought a slide but freakin A is pretty heavy when you try to play

Epiphone G-310 SG
^Get a Glass slide, then.
I am beyond shit at slide. I even made one out of a wine bottle, thinking it would inspire me, but I still sounded like a strangled cat. Bad times for the neighbours.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
^Open tunings. Use them.
Quote by imgooley
^Open tunings. Use them.

Yes. Open tunings are much easier for slide. Also, muting is key. Behind the slide, and the strings you aren't playing.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Yeah, if you're muting the strings you don't want to hit behind the slide, you'll clean up your tone a bit. Also, open A, C, D tunings work great. Open G's pretty standard, but it also sounds really cool.
I've tried open G and A, still sounds bad. The string muting is a bit hit and miss - I just need to persevere: I haven't tried it for quite a while so I must give it another go. Which finger do you wear the slide on? I've tried both ring and pinky and the pinky seems most natural but I heard that the ring is better. Opinions?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
It really depends on the person. For some people it's too heavy on the pinky. Also, you have to take into account whether or not you are going to be strictly using the slide, or if you are going to combine it with regular riffing. A good example is the solo on Tie Your Mother Down by Queen. For that you would probably want it on your pinky so that your other fingers are free to play around. But for me, personally (I know everyone's different) if I'm just using the slide I like to have it on the ring finger because I'm able to squeeze it between the middle and pinky fingers to give me more control. But I imagine that slide players who are more advanced than I am could easily do it with just the pinky. Again, it's all personal preference. I have small fingers so it's better on the ring finger for me. Good luck!
I use both.

Both have their uses.

I have a slight bit more control with the ring finger, but the pinky just feels more comfortable.
On the topic, just saw Eric Sardinas yesterday...That's some wicked slide guitar! Damn.
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic