I have a few questions for my mesa, because im using it for a gig tommorow. and ive never used it before lol

1. It has 2 8 OHM outputs, if i wanna use it in mono with 1 4x12 8ohm cab, what one do i use.

2. does the silicon/tube diode switch make a difference in the sound?

3. the effects loop says if its bypassed, it deletes solo and output, does this mean the solo button on the footswitch is deactivated? If so if im not using any effects, and the effects loop is on, is this bad

4. standby or on first, then power?
Well I don't have a Mesa or know much about amps at all, but I can atleast tell you to keep it on standby, turn it on, then set it to on. Standby just helps warm up the tubes and stuff but there will be no sound.
1. Either output is fine.

2. Silicon diodes give a harsher sound, tubes are warmer.

3. the solo option is disabled on the pedal too. personally i like the way the amp sounds when the loop is bypassed.

4. hit the power first. that puts it in standby. switch from standby to on and you're ready to roll.
The silicon diode vs. tube switch is for choosing the type of rectifier. It isn't part of the signal chain but it does affect the feel of the amp as tube rectifiers cause pretty noticeable voltage drops in the power supply circuit. The result is that the tube rectifier will give you a looser sound, and something called "sag" or "bloom" where the peak volume of a note comes after you pick it. Some people like it, some people don't, it makes your pick attack feel a little bit mushy, and soft. It's great for blues though, but for metal or the like, it doesn't work quite well as your low notes will become muddy and bleed together if you're playing fast rhythms. Also, for metal leads, the high notes simply won't be able to keep up well with shred-like runs. Solid state rectifiers don't have that voltage drop so you're not getting that sag, your notes will be more responsive to your picking, and you're get a stiffer feel and a tighter sound. A lot better for heavier and more aggressive styles.
Quote by FRDesign
I have a few questions for my mesa, because im using it for a gig tommorow. and ive never used it before lol

1. It has 2 8 OHM outputs, if i wanna use it in mono with 1 4x12 8ohm cab, what one do i use.

2. does the silicon/tube diode switch make a difference in the sound?

3. the effects loop says if its bypassed, it deletes solo and output, does this mean the solo button on the footswitch is deactivated? If so if im not using any effects, and the effects loop is on, is this bad

4. standby or on first, then power?

1)either
2)yes, tube rectifier will make it sound spongier, and looser. SS makes it tighter
3)idk
4) make sure the amp is in standby mode as soon as you flip the power on
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by al112987
The silicon diode vs. tube switch is for choosing the type of rectifier. It isn't part of the signal chain but it does affect the feel of the amp as tube rectifiers cause pretty noticeable voltage drops in the power supply circuit. The result is that the tube rectifier will give you a looser sound, and something called "sag" or "bloom" where the peak volume of a note comes after you pick it. Some people like it, some people don't, it makes your pick attack feel a little bit mushy, and soft. It's great for blues though, but for metal or the like, it doesn't work quite well as your low notes will become muddy and bleed together if you're playing fast rhythms. Also, for metal leads, the high notes simply won't be able to keep up well with shred-like runs. Solid state rectifiers don't have that voltage drop so you're not getting that sag, your notes will be more responsive to your picking, and you're get a stiffer feel and a tighter sound. A lot better for heavier and more aggressive styles.

Gojira (prog death metal) does an absolutely breath-taking job of utilizing tube recto sag, and is one of the heaviest bands i have ever heard
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I see. well I want the Solo button to work, so If the effects loop is on, yet theres nothing in it, will it make a difference in the sound.

or should I just put a cable going through both the send and receive, like a dummy loop