Hey guys, i'm looking at gewtting a new setup, i want a 200 watt amp and a nice punchy balsy type bass i like the look looking at about 300/700 buck aud, cheers,
atm i'm using an ibanez package, oh and i need new strings i like ones with red end's or black ones cheers
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
That's no where as in depth as we need. What sort of genres do you play? How many strings? Active or passive? And a bit more precise than "the ones with the red or black ends" please.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Oh. sorry, i play in a band that focus's on hard rock and metal, but need something that can play as a soft bass, four or five string, dun mind about active or passive, and i see strings regularly that have red end's or just full black strings could i please get some brand names for these ?
Fang
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Get a decent Precision Bass, and a Hartke amp

But 300/700 isn't going to get you something really good

But look around and thats my $0.02
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by TheTankShredder
Oh. sorry, i play in a band that focus's on hard rock and metal, but need something that can play as a soft bass, four or five string, dun mind about active or passive, and i see strings regularly that have red end's or just full black strings could i please get some brand names for these ?
Fang

The only strings I can think of with those red ends are Rotosounds, not sure about black ends though.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
black strings D'Addirio Black Beauty or Rotosound (better) actually a few brands offer black coated strings or black NYLON strings...there are so many different sounds noone here is gonna flat out say one is better than another per se....its all up to you and experimenting with new things isnt that why you picked up an instrument....

im not good with AUD conversion but let me save some others time and reccomend the Acoustic Line of amps all are very fair priced and offer warm tonal options....also Ashdown is very popular and inexpensive yet well built with great tonal versatility....stay away from Behringer please... also low end GK stuff is not worth your time...Ampeg combos are nice but seems out of your range for now

as far as an inexpensive punchy "baby?" bassid say Ibanez SR entry level is amazing this year featuring 5 piece necks active electronics and sweet paint schemes you can pick up an SR300 for $250 USD or Schecter Omen are nice also for the price ($400 USD) but at that rate id say save up for the C4(5) models they offer nicer EMG Pick-ups and better build....another bass brand to look into on the cheap is Cort plenty of scheme option and tonal integrity at around -$300 USD....

Further help visit the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum...

GOOD LUCK!
for bass look at LTD B-55s and for an amp look at some peavys or acoustics
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
hm. look at MIM Fender and Ibanez (especially this one if you like the feel of your old bass)

and Ashdown and Acoustic make the amps do so desire.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom