Right, while reading through a guitar magazine, i found the term "Slaving" an amp. How do you do this? I know its using one amp to push another further, but how do i connect the two so this is possible?
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
slaving is when you use the preamp of one amp(that has both a preamp and poweramp) and send that into a separate poweramp!

Metallica did it for master of puppets...they slaved mesa boogie mark 4 into marshall poweramps. This means they just used the preamp of a mesa boogie into a marshall poweramp....obviously to get a diferrent power amp saturation...sounded good to me
Quote by georgakis187
slaving is when you use the preamp of one amp(that has both a preamp and poweramp) and send that into a separate poweramp!

Metallica did it for master of puppets...they slaved mesa boogie mark 4 into marshall poweramps. This means they just used the preamp of a mesa boogie into a marshall poweramp....obviously to get a diferrent power amp saturation...sounded good to me

Would be quite a feat for Metallica to have used a Mark IV on MOP, as it didn't exist for another several years after MOP was released. However, they did use the Mark IV on "Metallica" -- Mark II C+ was MOP.