so my bud and i started a band about 4 or 5 months ago
well one our old buds that was originally gonna play bass for us
was drinkin with us one night
and my band bud showed him a riff we had been working on for a few days
they wound up spending most of the night writing a second guitar part for the riff

my main issue is
i already wrote the other guitar, which i personally like
but my band bud is talking non-stop about this other guy and riff writing they did together

its kind of annoying and makes a bit worried
although i dont want to seem like im jealous or anything like that
but ive already told my bud that i wrote a part for it like 3 times

any advice on this situation
my band bud wants to bring this guy to our practice sessions
and i have no plans of losing my position in the band

Edit: i couldnt find a thread about this stuff, but then again, i can never find anything im looking for in the search
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
if its anything like my 1st band there will be a competitive atmosphere between you 2 and it will take a while to get used 2 each other ... try nd comprimise ...

(i lost nd got put on bass nd then practiced like mad at home nd came bk wiv my guitar 3 months later nd showed that basterd up)
It's a band decision who's in the band, who writes for the band, and what parts are used. Not some jumped up little fuck with a muso friends personal decision.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by J-B
It's a band decision who's in the band, who writes for the band, and what parts are used. Not some jumped up little fuck with a muso friends personal decision.

This. If he is gonna be a twat and make the decisions by himself without listening to anyone else then it's not worth being in a band with him.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by J-B

Mmhm. Last I checked, a band is more than one person.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by TORSION
unless its a one man band
With a multiple personality disorder. That could cause some friction if one guy quit.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by J-B
With a multiple personality disorder. That could cause some friction if one guy quit.

el oh el
MD5K
IBANEZ