Ok UG.

Currently I'm using Guitar Rig 3 to record my guitar playing.
It works 100% well on my Desktop computer, so I'd plug in the guitar into the back of the desktop computer and Guitar Rig 3 would easily find it. I record, export as WAV. then put it in Audacity and use that to edit.

But with my laptop, it can't seem to find the Line-In, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525.
And when I plug in my guitar to the Microphone Jack, in the Guitar Rig 3 audio options, the Line-In option doesn't show up! It only shows "bluetooth ___(something)" or the general internal microphone.

Does anyone else have this problem?
How do you fix it so Line-In does show up?
Cheers!
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
how about contact the makers of guitar rig 3...you paid for their software which entitles you to free support.
Quote by PsychomanZ
how about contact the makers of guitar rig 3...you paid for their software which entitles you to free support.

Yes...paid....
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
you could try reinstalling the souncard - right click my computer>manage>devicemanage>right click over your soundcard and select uninstall. Reboot your laptop and try again.

OR
do you have an ASIO driver for the laptop souncard?

if not, google asio4all and then download and install it
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Most laptops don't have a line in. Surely there's something int he help file (hit F1 in Guitar Rig) that can lead you in the right direction.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Try this:

Control Panel -> Sigmatel audio -> click on the mic jack and change it to line in

Dunno if it'll work but worth a try. I'm on an Inspiron right now.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.