Clicky

I've never thought to upload these onto UG for some opinions. This was from a recording session we had about a year ago. Since then I've completely changed my rig and so next time the guitar will have much better tone - but opinions on the tunes themselves would be much appreciated!

Stand Out Tunes - Lock In, Armada, Fred's Attic, The Moob Song
I was really surprised when I checked your profile and realized I've actually heard you guys before, on youtube.

You guys have a couple of great songs on there, Lock In is by far my favorite. Great old-school funk.

However, you guys are really lacking energy, sorry to say so, but especially the guitar. I can't feel any passion in anyones playing, might just be the recordings, but I think my impression of your youtube stuff was kinda the same.

However be sure to let me know when you get another recording up, I'm psyched too see how you guys have progressed.
Quote by Fik0n
I was really surprised when I checked your profile and realized I've actually heard you guys before, on youtube.

You guys have a couple of great songs on there, Lock In is by far my favorite. Great old-school funk.

However, you guys are really lacking energy, sorry to say so, but especially the guitar. I can't feel any passion in anyones playing, might just be the recordings, but I think my impression of your youtube stuff was kinda the same.

However be sure to let me know when you get another recording up, I'm psyched too see how you guys have progressed.

Wow, you've heard us before!

As for the passion thing, I think it's quite a few factors mashed together. I wasn't happy that day because we turned up and the studio guy could only record me via an amp with a line out, even though he told me I could be mic'd up - I was supposed to be using my Blues Junior which would have improved the tone significantly.

Secondly back then I was still using a squire with very little tuning stability - I didn't have the confidence to express myself during solos and what not because I didn't want to record the rest of the song out of tune. Also - we're just better live. When people are drunk and dancing to us. Any other situation and we have a signifcant lack of any sort of out-going confidence, presence or energy. Bit of a problemo, but since those recordings (and most of the vids on my youtube profile) we're picked up a little more charisma.

Anyway, will let you know when we have our new recordings done!

Quote by johnyprestige
i Love a bit o funk, No one plays it nowadays until you go to music school, stylistically correct. nice playing!! so yeah, just some all round nice recordings you've got. good timing of everyone aswell. funky!!

I love it!!!

you can crit mine if you like??
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=962163

Thanks man. Will check you're music out later tonight and give you some feedback.
The Moob Song is funny.

Kinda reminds me a bit of The Average White Band. Very nice. And the scat was pure win.

12 Bars of Joys has a nice rockabilly-funk kind of feel. Like Brian Setzer meets George Clinton.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962895