This may appear to be a stupid question to some of you , but nether the less it is really confusing me and if you could explain it to me i think it would explain alot

i want to know who, how , and why a scale is ? why (for example ) is a C major scale where it is on the fret board and why call it c major scale. who said this is that , and how did they work it out where the rest of it was ?

or is it simply just there because X said so and it sounds cool ?
the root note (the first note in the scale) is weirdly enough a C note. Thus the C scale. the major part, is because the notes in this scale are notes that fit with songs in the key of C major. As apposed to notes in a C minor scale fit with songs in the key of C minor.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

A "clean" major scale always has this:

C D E F G A B C (tones)
1 1 ½ 1 1 1 ½ (steps on fretboard)

you can start on the tone you want to, but always use the whole and half steps in this order to get the major scale.
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone SG Vibrato
Santana Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Mini Twin
Jim Donlup Cry Baby

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 21, 2008,