Poll: Padde dgigbag or hardcase
Poll Options
View poll results: Padde dgigbag or hardcase
Padded gigbag
8 30%
Hardcase
19 70%
Voters: 27.
I need something durable to carry my guitar in, and I'm undecided between a gigbag that's well padded or a hardcase. I'd like the gigbag as I could wear it on my back since I usually walk about a mile to and from my practice area, but I'm not sure it'd be as durable as a hardcase.

So what does UG think I should get?

EDIT: Ignore my spelling mistakes. :P
Only a mile? that's nothing with a hardcase, so i'd go for the extra protection.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
If you're travelling a lot by walking, I would just get a hefty padded gig bag. Otherwise hardcase if you've got a car.

Trust me, lugging around a guitar in a hardcase for 30mins+ is a total bastard.
Quote by Mwoit
If you're travelling a lot by walking, I would just get a hefty padded gig bag. Otherwise hardcase if you've got a car.

Trust me, lugging around a guitar in a hardcase for 30mins+ is a total bastard.

+1 .

But if it rains heavily whil walking, u'll be screwed unless u get a hardshell.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
err my guitar case broke all my strings on my guitar once just by leaving it in there
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I'd say the hard case mate, best for ya in the long run, weatherproof, definatley more durable.
A hardcase will be the best option, because, it'll protect you're guitar more, and it'll have locks on it. That's always a good thing, because no one can touch you're guitar if you take it to school!

I've walked a mile or so with a hardcase on the pouring rain a few weeks ago, and, I didn't find it too annoying. Well, it was annoying, but you get used to it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I need a gigbag/hardcase for my Takamine Eg341sc acoustic, but i dont know exact model of case would fit it???? anyone able to help?
Quote by centorium

i love green day,sure they're mostly power cords but for begginer,good they are
Quote by PlayMadness
Spent too much time in the talk like Yoda thread, you have.

A les paul needs a les paul hardcase. It won't fit in a normall strat/sg hardcase. So you'd need two differant hardcases for your yamaha and your LP. Plus aslong as your not throwing it down any stairs or it's not in any danger of been crushed by falling amps in the back of a van a well padded case will protect from nocks, and a normall guitar bag will fit a lespaul and a strat style guitar. Plus it's great carrying it on your back if you need to carry somephing else one day like an amp or somephing