(if this is the wrong forum, i apologize)

so i have schaller strap locks installed on my guitar, and the "top" (one closest to the neck) one keeps comming loose, ive tightened it with a screw driver a few times, but it keeps comming loose.

i figured if i put like, a broken piece of tooth pick in there, it might fix the problem, ( i figured the wood is just stripped, and is not holding the screw tight enough) so an extra piece of wood should fix that right up right?

suggestions?
Yes you have worn the threads so take a match stick put it into the hole (or two if necessary) then snap off the end to size and screw it back in will be fine mate
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
this used to happen to me ALOT.
I found that taking the strap button/lock off the guitar, then putting a matchstick into the hole (snapped so its flush with the surface. may have to sand the length of the matchstick down a little bit so the screw can fit back into the guitar easier) works a treat. I have two les pauls and a strat and none have come loose since doing this.
Hope it helps

EDIT: I've been beaten to it. Damn.
MOAR

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Active
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Ovation Celebrity
also add wood glue.

screw thru the stick let set.

also, there was a topic on this just today.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I was thinking of doing this since my Blawk Hawk's natural screw is much larger than the Schaller's screw(s). I was trying to figure out a way to make it work, does just a couple match sticks hold nice and tight? I've also heard white glue works just as good as wood glue? What if I want the ability to remove the screw(s) later?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
wood and glue is better than just wood. and both are better than just a longer screw.

dont worry, if needed, you'lll still get the screw out. a little heat loosens glue. (no crazy glue tho)

wood glue is best, but white glue is better than no glue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

How would you put the glue in? Fill the hole like half way with glue, stick in match sticks/toothpicks then insert screw?
Quote by sargasm
yeah you want to cram as many sticks that will fit. shoot in some glue. just a few drops will fit. then screw in thru the sticks and glue, wipe off any excess, and dont use the strap for a day or two.

and you;ll be good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah you want to cram as many sticks that will fit. shoot in some glue. just a few drops will fit. then screw in thru the sticks and glue, wipe off any excess, and dont use the strap for a day or two.

and you;ll be good.

Now I'm far too tempted to try it. Major qualms I have now are:

1) If I screw up I can't return the strap locks.
2) If I screw up, my strap may not work.
3) If I screw up, + step 2 is true my guitar is severely handicapped.

Now I must meditate on this...
Quote by sargasm
well, if you need strap locks then i suggest you get them.

whenever you take a screw out of your guitar it'll go back in a little weaker.
adding wood and / or glue helps the bond.

if you decide to return the locks for whatever reason, a little acetone will take any dried glue off the lock.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62