I was just wondering if a Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded would be better than a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. The Gibson is only £180 pounds more than the Epiphone at the moment(which is £480) and for a Gibson thats pretty cheap. Is this a good deal or is it that its a rubbish guitar and im getting ripped off? Also ive seen threads about a different Gibson called Gibson Vintage Mahogany which is the same price and looks identitcal but apprently according to the posts ive seen they are two different guitars. Im in the UK and ive been looking for a Vintage Mahogany but can' t find any.
Either one would really be a great guitar, but if it were me, I would say the Gibson. Gibsons are American made while Epiphones are somewhere? made. Anyway, I'm not you, but I love my LPs, both Epiphone and Gibson.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
There's much better spec'd guitars available for considerably less than the price of that particular Gibson.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i would say the gibson and plus you get a hard case. epiphones prices went up a lot a few weeks ago
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

ok thanks. i think i will go for the gibson, but i will need to find a shop which has them so i can try one out.

what other guitars are there that is better for the price? i like les paul shapes. i have seen a few superstrats that are better but i think superstrats are more for metal than anythign else
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

The LTD has similar construction, but the finish is much nicer and it has binding - looks much better to me.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I'd go for the PRS or the Washburn.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales