WELCOME TO S.VII - Grand Championship Thread!

If this is your first time here or if you need any information as to the way a certain contest is run, read up here: Contest Info Thread there you will find a step by step article on how to get started in the Contest forum.

So it is this time again. The biggest competition in S+L. Taking the top 8 writers of last season and putting them in one huge competition to determine a single winner, claiming a massive 6 points towards the current season.

Let the battle begin!

After the end of season points check one person was left out in the cold due to a points tally mishap, so a special mention goes to Fate_of_Mind.

The Grand Championship this season will function the same as the last; there will still be three rounds, the 1st will consist of 2 polls containing 4 pieces, where one writer from each poll will be removed. In round two another 2 writers bite the bullet. Then it is the Grand Championship Final, 4 pieces, all scoring points. Each writer will have the option to change their pieces between each round too.

Every poll this season will be Mult-vote.

==============
The final 8
==============

ZanasCross
#1_synth
The Hurt Within
pumpkins_rule
Snowblind911
Fly, Marlowe
bassbeat77
We Have Sound

Now to get this behemoth underway I require all those who are mentioned above to send me a piece for the opening round, you must adhere to these requirements:
The piece must be of reasonable length, so no prose.
The piece must have been written during the course of last season (Feb-Sept) and must have been posted in the main S+L forum.

You will have 3 days after the first and second rounds to submit a new piece, if you like. Please do not take too long selecting your pieces we need to get this underway.

If I have your piece your name is listed below:

Fly, Marlowe
Snowblind911
Bassbeat77
The Hurt Within
ZanasCross
#1synth
We Have Sound

The rest have been PMed and have 2 days to reply, failing that we move down last seasons standings until we have 8 people to begin the polls with.

A fresh update: PumkinsRule failed to respond and so has been removed from the competition, Fate-Of_Mind has been drafted to replace him, but despite being online has yet to send me a piece, he has 2 days before I move on to the next person in the list.

Good luck all, and don't forget to VOTE!!
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.