I was thinking of going busking some time in the future, and I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some acoustic songs. I was thinking:

Lost art of murder by babyshambles,
Stairway to heaven by led zep,
Polly by nirvana,
Man who sold the world by DAVID BOWIE,
Children of the revolution by t.rex
wind cries mary by hendrix

Any other songs I should think about? It will probably just be me, but there might be a keyboard player too. Thanks a bunch.

Oh, feel free to move it if this is the wrong place.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Last edited by Hereiwas at Sep 21, 2008,
Animals: House of The Rising Sun
Stones: Angie
Johnny Cash: Folsom, Boy Named Sue, his versions of Thirteen & Further on up the road.
I broke my G string fingering A minor
It really depends on the mood of the people walking around you what you want to play...if it's bright and people seem in a good mood, play something fun and lively. If they aren't play something, not sad necessarily, but sort of soul-ful and bluesy.

Remember that strumming is louder and therefore gets more attention than fingerstyle, which stinks, I know, but it's true.

As for songs, any good strumming songs with a fun strumming pattern (preferably with the "chucks" or muted strums to add percussion to the song since you don't have a drummer with you.)

Stuck in the Middle With You - Steve Miller Band (it was them right?)
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
I feel the Earth Move - Carole King (especially if that keyboard player is there)

Some of the best songs are not normally good busking songs originally, but have been adapted to a strumming version with a few embellishments that make it sound good. Find a fun upbeat song and make a chorded busking version of it. It's the arrangement that really makes or breaks it, also your energy.
ziggy stardust - david bowie

if there is a keyboard player with you, some black crowes maybe?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Well, besides all of the so-called "classic" songs that so many people play, you should like also try out some really obscure and random songs, like maybe some of those acoustic songs played at Woodstock (like Fixing To Die Rag), and whatever else that has random cool lyrics.
oh, and if you sing through your nose, bob dylan (not bashing bob dylan, but his singing is very nasally sounding)
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
by the way rechord steelers wheel did stuck in the middle.
i like catchy up beat 80's songs
take on me aha reel big fish cover has a good chord version
eyes without a face billy idol
come on eileen dixies midnight runners
steve miller ftw....swingtown, take the money and run, the joker, abracadabra....just fly through his hits and you'll be flyin high
Pot
Kettle
Black