Page 1 of 2
WELCOME TO S.VII - Competition Idea Thread!

If this is your first time here or if you need any information as to the way a certain contest is run, read up here: Contest Info Thread there you will find a step by step article on how to get started in the Contest forum.

This is your first step to running your own competition. Put forth your idea here and have it pillaged by your fellow users, or perhaps you'll get a thumps up and an OK from your peers.

Post your ideas in as much detail as possible, like so:

Comp title
Basic synopsis - A short description of your idea
Any special rules - If pieces have to be in a certain format, e.g. sonnet
proposed amount of entrants
any final details - If the comp starter provides a list of options for the contestants, a-la a list of movies to choose from.

At this point other users might suggest changes to your outlines. However, if your idea is denied then it is for a good reason, please do not be disheartened, revamp it and try again.

Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
why the hell not...go for it
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
Perhaps a TV comp instead, which could included TV Movies/Dramas/Comedies etc...?
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
What about a comp where each person is assigned a different famous piece of art (with links to an image of it) and they have to write a poem to compliment the art, maybe describing the composition of it or explaining the circumstances surrounding what the art portays?

EDIT: Or maybe everyone could write about the same piece of art. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Oct 3, 2008,
i suggest a competition about red wine, and the circumstances and effect of said beverages. drink of romance and all that.

love is a dog from hell.

Quote by we have sound
i suggest a competition about red wine, and the circumstances and effect of said beverages. drink of romance and all that.

absolutely. I'd love to take part in that.

now that I think of it
you never put up the finals for the drunk comp

i'm not suggesting I run this one. Think i proved pretty conclusively that i can't run a compatition! You might never see those finals. Care to put them up yourself? I'd like that.

love is a dog from hell.

Another drunk comp would be good. I'm getting better at that one.

However, a red wine comp, eh?
Could it be an overall 'write about booze' comp, or no?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
^No.

Since there's only one comp running right now, any objections to me getting a word drop comp going?
coolio. It'd be fun to mimic someone else.
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.
I'd do it.

I'd be shite at it, but it'd be fun.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
we've done it before in the past, so I'm not sure that would be an issue. I wouldn't want to do that within the threads themselves as it may affect voting though.

I'll open up sign-ups if that's all jazzy.
I'd do it dependant on specifics.
Quote by ZanasCross
I like it. might be problems with copyright of some sort though, unless you clearly denote which one is copyrighted. I'm not a lawyer though.

EDIT: What happened to word drop comp?

Slipped my mind. I'll get the sign-ups going once we're about half way done the Mimic Comp.

And the comp that Corey suggested sounds cool too.
Instead of the Word Drop Comp I'm thinking of doing a Mixed Lines Comp. I don't think most of the current regulars were around the last time we had one. I'll edit in a rough idea of what the criteria would be later tonight.

EDIT: Okay so what you'd have to do for the Mixed Lines Comp is construct a poem/song by only using lines from previous pieces you've posted. Criteria would look something like this:

- comp piece has to be at least 20-30 lines.
- you can only use two lines at the most from any one piece.
- you have to use lines from at least 10 different pieces.
- if possible choose your lines from more recent pieces.

So the goal is to construct a piece using some of your favorite lines you've written in the past, while still making it cohesive.
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by bassbeat77
Instead of the Word Drop Comp I'm thinking of doing a Mixed Lines Comp. I don't think most of the current regulars were around the last time we had one. I'll edit in a rough idea of what the criteria would be later tonight.

EDIT: Okay so what you'd have to do for the Mixed Lines Comp is construct a poem/song by only using lines from previous pieces you've posted. Criteria would look something like this:

- comp piece has to be at least 20-30 lines.
- you can only use two lines at the most from any one piece.
- you have to use lines from at least 10 different pieces.
- if possible choose your lines from more recent pieces.

So the goal is to construct a piece using some of your favorite lines you've written in the past, while still making it cohesive.

I'm all for that!
This'll sound silly and complicated but someone needs to knock it down.

Everyone's paired up. You have to choose the favourite, say, 15 lines from your partners pieces and tie them up. But you can change tenses and viewpoints and that. Just has to be obviously based off it. So it's not a mimic comp and it's not a mixed lines comp, but it's a mix where one person takes their view of someone elses work and expands in a way which keeps the original flavour.

Meh.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
This'll sound silly and complicated but someone needs to knock it down.

Everyone's paired up. You have to choose the favourite, say, 15 lines from your partners pieces and tie them up. But you can change tenses and viewpoints and that. Just has to be obviously based off it. So it's not a mimic comp and it's not a mixed lines comp, but it's a mix where one person takes their view of someone elses work and expands in a way which keeps the original flavour.

Meh.

I was kind of tossing the idea around in my head of having everyone mixing someone else's lines instead. If more people would prefer that then I'm fine with doing it.
How about a Hero's comp....

I think it might be a little epic, but it could be worth it...I'm not participating

Seven (7) villains and Seven (7) Heroes...

The villain team gets to chose a Boss Villain and the Hero Team chooses one hero from their team to challenge the Villain Boss, as the rest face each other. If the Villain Boss falls, then the villains must fight for the next boss, possibly eliminating the weaker of the team (so make sure you chose a strong Boss)

During the first round, if all villains are defeated, then three heroes become villains (chosen at random)....If all Heroes are defeated, then three villains must become heroes, (again, chosen at random), if anything like that happens, a bye will be given to a random fourth player facing a randomly picked player from the heroes side....if the fourth player wins, he/she becomes a Hero replacing the the opponents position and the opponent is done from the game. If the Hero wins, then the fourth player is gone

Fights would go like this

Boss v. Chosen Hero

Villain, Villain v Hero

Hero, Hero v Villain

Villain, Villain v. Hero

Hero, Hero v. Villain

Points are very important on eliminating your opponents....for example

THW and Silence are Villains, and zC is a Hero....THW gets 3 vote, Silence gets 7 and zC gets 4....THW is eliminated and zC is eliminated and Silence moves to the next round....If zC scored higher than both villains, then both opponents are eliminated and zC moves to round 2...

There you have it....any changes or suggestions, go for it

points go as 4,3,2
Can I run a simple comp where we all write about something simple (like colour) and are awarded simple points? Kind of a quicky, so people can use past writings.
Page 1 of 2