yeah, so can you use this cabinet with any head or do u have to use it with a orange head? if you can use it with any head what is a good head underr £300? are the bugera heads good?
You can use it with any head, as long as the impedance ratings and power handling match.

And it depends on what you need the head for. If it's for a pretty lawn ornament, I recommend the Line 6 Spider Valve. It lights up.

What genre?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Orange tiny terror or a peavey valveking perhaps?

There's only small differences between those two.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
There's only small differences between those two.
You're kidding, right?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
mainly i play stuff like Guns n roses, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden so all around the Classic rock,Metal and Rock. to be honest i wont be playing much metal bbut i will play be playing Classic rock and rock/hard rock.

I spotted a marshall 1936 2x12 cabinet and i was wondering if this would be better than the orange head? if the marshalls better i will get the tiny terror
Quote by MrCarrot
You're kidding, right?

Very much so. That was the epitome of sarcasm, because I found that to be a foolish recommendation.

EDIT: TS, the PPC112 and a Tiny Terror would do justice to your needs.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Very much so. That was the epitome of sarcasm, because I found that to be a foolish recommendation.

EDIT: TS, the PPC112 and a Tiny Terror would do justice to your needs.
Thank god

Yeah, I believe the Orange PPC112 has a Celestion G12K-100, which is pretty much an awesome speaker. Tiny Terror plus the 112 would be win.
It has a V30. The combo has a G12K-100 I believe.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Ive tried out a TT with the PPC 112 cab (playing Guns n' Roses & Foo Fighters) and its amazing for them, GnR was perfect straightaway but with a bit more fiddling Foo Fighters were great too!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Green_Jelly
It has a V30. The combo has a G12K-100 I believe.
Ahh, yeah Orange has changed it then. The 112 originally had the G12K-100 and now it's a V30. The Tiny Terror combo has a G12H30.

Still all great speakers though.
Yeah, it's definitely a gem. Perfect for punk and hard rock overdrive. Boosted it even gives you a great 80's thrash tone.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
ok thanks. i will try to find a shop near me that will have a tiny terror and a PPC 112 and try them out. so is everyone saying that the Orange PPC 112 will be better than the Marshall 1936 212 cabinet?
will the combo of either a orange PPC 112 or a Marshall 1936 212 and a Orange Tint Terror be loud enough for pretty small gigs? and will it still sound good for bedroom practise?
Use the edit button. It is our friend.

Both of them will be loud enough for gigs. Youll need to mic them, but they're loud as hell.
I've never seen the combo, but the head has a half-power switch, and it sounds good in my bedroom.

It's up to you to decide between the 212 and the 112. The PPCs are great, well constructed cabs, though.

Don't judge me.