Ok My band bought a small PA system,, but what sort of microphone should I use, and does it hurt if I just use normal mic for now? ... (btw do I just put it close to my amp ? )

Thanks for posting !
If your amp is open backed, put it inside the cab. If not, put it on the outside of the speaker, so that it doesn't distort too much. But you should buy an SM57 or similar.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.