WELCOME TO THE SEASON VII - Changes Thread

If this is your first time here or if you need any information as to the way a certain contest is run, read up here: Contest Info Thread there you will find a step by step article on how to get started in the Contest forum.

Changes to the Contest forum:

The maximum wage allowed in 1v1 matches is now 3, rather than 4, this is to slow down the progress made solely by participating in 1v1 matches, instead of comps.

I cannot stress enough this season that when someone posts a new thread in the forum, be it a 1v1, a sign-up thread or a competition poll thread that you post the links into the 'Open Polls Thread'. Do it or suffer the repercussions; that could result in you being denied the ability to run your own comps.

Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Right ok, I'm hoping that all the regulars here have read this.

If you have anything to discuss now is the time to do so. Any questions about the changes, or complaints welcome. Also if you have any other suggestions then go ahead. This will be in place for 2 days at which point the changes will be finalised and all the threads opened so the new season can begin.
Props. I like all the new implementations.
Can't wait for the season to start.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Well ok, I'm assuming everyone is on board with the changes.

Firstly we should all congratulate Zach for his win last season and all look forward to another exciting season. Good luck all!!!

This will remain stickied for a while just to remind you of the new wagers.
the additions to the wagers could be huge equalizers.

pollstarters should include "Do or Die" -or- "Reversal" in the threadtitle so voters know the gravity of those polls.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
the maximum amount you can loose is 8pts, so even someone on 20 points will only lose 8. If the person from the lower tier wins, they get to change their - into a +, similar to those in the top tier the maximum - to + score will be 6pts; so someone on -8 would switch to +6, someone on -5 would switch to +5 and someone on -1 would switch to +1.

^Something there is off. It says the maximum - to plus is 6, but the top tier can lose 8?
If I were to do this:

If the person in the higher tier loses they will be deducted half of their current score, so if they started the match on 10 points they will have 5 left, but in the interest of the game the maximum amount you can loose is 8pts, so even someone on 20 points will only lose 8.

If the person from the lower tier wins, they get to change their - into a +, similar to those in the top tier the maximum - to + score will be 6pts; so someone on -8 would switch to +6, someone on -5 would switch to +5 and someone on -1 would switch to +1.

I could rephrase the last bit to:

If the person from the lower tier wins, they get to change their - into a +, but unlike the upper tier the maximum - to + score will be a switch to 6pts; so someone on -8 would only switch to +6, someone on -5 would switch to +5 and someone on -1 would switch to +1.