So i've been playing guitar for about 7 months and playing on a Roland micro cube
I mostly play metal and you cant get enough distortion for some songs from the micro cube and the tone is not so good
i occasionally jam with friends and may join a band in the future, im currently playing a Ibanez RGR321 EXBK
so my question is , is it worth to upgrade to a Randall rg50tc, cant afford anything else and what i've heard, its the best amp for metal in that pricerange.
And would it be a huge difference in tone compared to micro cube? my guitar has INF1 and INF2 pickups
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
well yes there would be a HUGE difference actually....but i was under the impression that the cubes all had quite a bit distortion for metal i ve never played one tho....OH and as far as the randall goes...MUDDY tone...u could tighten i up with a overdive pedal OVER the distortion channel of h randall but yeah. i d say save some money for the next 6 months and improve ur playing...then ur ear will start to find the tone it wants and THEN go to a store and try out amps
It will make a big difference.
You're comparing a 2 watt SS modelling practice amplifier, to a 50 watt tube combo .

Its a great amp for the cash, and for what you are playing it sounds like a good idea.
Also look into,

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
used Peavey 5150 combos
if i buy a head then i will have to buy a cab too, i dont know so much about cabs, but aren't they abit expensive too?

Quote by ryphe
if i buy a head then i will have to buy a cab too, i dont know so much about cabs, but aren't they abit expensive too?

Heads are the amp, the cabs are speakers, and yes they can be expensive .

Just get the combo
I would try them side by side but in my opinion the 6262 is really freakin good... like REALLY freaking good...
whats the difference between the bugera 6260-212 and the bugera 6262-212 besides that the 6260 is cheaper