ok im trying to change my acoustic guitar strings and im getting too much resistence from the pins at the bottom i've gone at them with pliers and they wont come out any tips people?
get a string winder that has that little notch cut out to pull the pins with
RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)
Woa Woa Woa! Don't use pliers. My best strategy is yes, the small notch on the end of a string winder, but even more, press the strings in towards the hole and pull up on the pin. You dont want to really scratch up the inside of the holes the strings go into.
Guitars Owned: Yamaha F335
Quote by 1 Winged Angel
Woa Woa Woa! Don't use pliers. My best strategy is yes, the small notch on the end of a string winder, but even more, press the strings in towards the hole and pull up on the pin. You dont want to really scratch up the inside of the holes the strings go into.

Agreed. Dont use the plier. You'll damage your pins as well if you aren't careful.

If all else fails, take off all the strings from the top and then push the pins up from the inside of the guitar. Just in case anyone misinformed tries to tell you different... Yes, it is perfectly fine to take off all your strings at once. There is no problem with that.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Apart from all the good advice given already I'll give you another little tip. Patience and persistence are the keys to success. Take everything you do restringing wise, repair wise, guitar wise in general patiently. Do everything nice and slowly making sure you do it right. Never get angry with yourself or the instrument. Everything turns out fine if you're patient.
well the pliers thing only scratched the pin i was having problems with a tiny bit tho that coz my bro got me wrong set of pliers =/ but now its happily restrung thanks people im gonna get a string winder now