My electric guitar is a low quality strat model, so it has 3 single coil pick ups and I have a decent high gain amp, but it make buzzing sounds and squeals when i turn up the volume and the gain(I like playing heavy metal songs), maybe because of those single coil pickups, not being compatible with high distortion... or there's something wrong with my amp...

(If you're wondering why did I buy a strat in the 1st place, the answer is , no i did not buy it, i got it as a gift)...

So... I'm wondering if I should buy a new Amp or a new Elec. Guitar w/ Humbucker Pickups

I'm currently saving some money for a new amplifier, but my guitar will probably continue to make those buzzing sounds or just squeal because of those single coil pick ups

So umm, should I buy a new Guitar w/ Humbucker pick ups instead of buying a new amplifier?

Please help me decide, Thx in advance
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

"Play the music, not the instrument."
Last edited by kalyo27 at Sep 21, 2008,
Amp = Boston M15 (Its a cheap amplifier)

Gain = Maxed (There's no label , e.g. 1 , 2 ,3 ,4 etc..)

Volume = 1 to 2
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Okay, but Im still deciding what to buy... any suggestions?