hey i was thinking about getting a better guitar for jazz (current is an epi sg), and i was thinking either a cheap epiphone dot or save up and spring for the american strat. which one do you think would be better?
An American Strat would be killer for jazz. I would personally save up if you have the willpower to do so.

Out of curiousity though, have you tried out an USA Strat (or several of them more like) and a Dot?
no, but im going to probably sometime this...week? i just heard both would be good for jazz and havent tried out either (yet), so i decided to ask the wise forum people
Quote by sgman133
no, but im going to probably sometime this...week? i just heard both would be good for jazz and havent tried out either (yet), so i decided to ask the wise forum people

Oh right. Good on you anyway; trust your own opinion and play as much guitars as possible in the store! Make sure you plug up into an amp of similar calibre of your own otherwise you may be fooled by some sexy amp than the guitar.

But I bet most of UG will say "Save up for an USA Strat". Simply because, it's worth it! Alternatively look up other brands too like the Ibanez Artcore series, Michael Kelly, Godin (great guitars) and Hagstrom.
i think that a higher end dot would work better for jazz since its a hollow body.try other hollow body guitars that are in the same price range as the strat.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Don't forget Les Pauls, they're designed for jazz. I find mine to be perfect.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
get a tc-90 thinline, my username is stratdud, and im telling u not to get the strat, not that itsbad or anything, its great, and u'll do great with it, but the tc-90 thinline tele s perfect for jazz, has beautiful tone, and is only 700 bucks
Godin Guitars. Check them out. Now!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I don't see how an American Strat is so great for jazz.

Maybe try an Artcore?