I'm wanting to mod a delay pedal that I have to make the delay time controllable via a footpedal like a wah.

Is this any more complex than getting the pedal, housing and using a pot that's the same resistance as the one that came from the factory? I can't see why it would be, but that's why I'm asking.
Last edited by Gnarchitect at Sep 21, 2008,
There's something called 3rd Hand, which is an expression pedal with which you can control any pot on any pedal, or at least that's what the website says. I've been thinking of getting it, but it's like 80 bucks and reviews aren't so great.
Yea it would work but you could buy a blank wah housing and just put the internals from the delay inside with the correct pot on the treddle and the other controls on the side.
Yeah, I really like the sound of that idea, where could I go about getting a blank wah housing? Just watch e-bay for some as-is wah pedals or?
yea that would be your best bet. Find a broken wah or volume pedal on ebay.

Or you could always do something like mount a pot on the side of the housing, and give it a really big knob that you can turn with your foot, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
^ LOL!

Yeah I would say get a broken assed pedal and mod it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
^ LOL!

Yeah I would say get a broken assed pedal and mod it.

Is an assed pedal like a wah pedal?

I was really hoping there'd be an easier way than that, I've been watching ebay for a little while now and not seen anything. Guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled.

Of course its like looking for a cop when you actually need one, I've thrown away at least one volume pedal because the pot had shat itself and I just didn't use it that much.
Ahahaha aren't you funny.

Maybe scan the local buy and sell?

Or perhaps the gear ads forum, right here on UG?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Steve Daniels at Smallbearelec.com sells wah enclosures too if you need one. Not very cheap though.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
47 bucks from small bear for a blank wah housing. Never tried to buy a broken wah to know what one costs.
Quote by Øttər
Ahahaha aren't you funny.

Maybe scan the local buy and sell?

Or perhaps the gear ads forum, right here on UG?

I'm told I'm funny, but I'm not sure if they mean that they're laughing with or at me.

Been through both of those and even the less-than-local buy and sell, most parts pedals are coming out pretty close (within $10-15 us) to the enclosures from smallbearelec.com after shipping.

I'm a cheap bastard, so its very fortunate for the planet that its fate does not depend on me having this project done any time soon. I'll just wait and watch, a good deal will come along.
I'm not sure, I had the feeling in the back of my mind that they used to be 41, but then again I'm relatively new to the DIY pedal world here... I just research things way too much.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster