I have been playing almost three years and whenever I play lead guitar I seem to not use my pinky at all. I use it all the time playing chords and such though.

So how can I help increase use in it? Keep in mind I try to use it, but in a way it's just second nature to not use it so it's a big task for me.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
play exercises using 3rd and 4th fingers.. like two notes per string,on all strings...
for more practical stuff,just use your pinky when playing arpeggios (sweep picked)..
i find myself playing a LOT with my pinky when sweeping.. every stretch is done by the pinky
Ridiculous. There's no "secret-super-special-magic-way" of using your pinky. You just do it. There's really nothing else to it. Every time you gotta play some fretts away, just use your pinky a couple of times, and then it'll just come naturaly, and you'll end up using constantly.
You've got to force yourself to use it, and after a while you get used to it.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by Behzad93
Ridiculous. There's no "secret-super-special-magic-way" of using your pinky. You just do it. There's really nothing else to it. Every time you gotta play some fretts away, just use your pinky a couple of times, and then it'll just come naturaly, and you'll end up using constantly.

I didn't ask about a "secret-super-special-magic-way". I just asked for some tips such as exercises and such.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid