What pickup would be best in the bridge position for my razorback. I don't want active pickups. I play lots of metal like trivium and stuff. I was thinking about getting the EMG H4 but I dont really know much about pickups, so can someone tell we what pickup would be best?
HOW lol

well get a seymour duncan distortion..will be good enough for that
or a dimarzio breed..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Explain how you broke it. You can't just break pickups you know, they don't just die, it's more likely faulty wiring.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't really know how it got broken. I came home from school and it was hanging out of my guitar.
Quote by Lil Macker
Explain how you broke it. You can't just break pickups you know, they don't just die, it's more likely faulty wiring.

they do just die lol..
my old bc rich pickup in my older model died..just stopped..re-wired..still screwed..didnt register on any ohm tester lol
LOL hanging out..put it back in..
either someone is being a bastard to you...OR you broke it n dunno how to fix :P
rewire n have a ball :P
Quote by SG RocKeR4485
I don't really know how it got broken. I came home from school and it was hanging out of my guitar.

Well, put it back in then!

There should be some springs on the back of the pickup or inside of the guitar. Then, put the springs around the screws that are on the side of the pickups, and yeah.

Or take it to a tech or something if you can't do it yourself. There's hardly any chance it's broke.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
no its not the spring, I took it to guitar center and they said I probably need to get a new one.
Quote by SG RocKeR4485
no its not the spring, I took it to guitar center and they said I probably need to get a new one.

No you don't. Or at least, you most likely won't need one. They would jsut say that to get you to buy a pickup from them, if they sell them. I've had this done to me before. Take it to a luthier, and if they say it's broken, then it's broken.

Can we have pics anyways? That would be a good way to tell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You don't need a new one. Guitar Center is just trying to make a quick buck because they think you're a noob who doesn't know any better.

Pickups don't just 'break'. If everything is all wired in properly then even if the pickup is hanging, then the guitar should work.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Either guitar center are trying to sell an uneeded pickup for the money (shocking i know...) or I don't fully understand what has happend. Maybie you just accidentally your pickup.

If you post a pic it will be easier for us to help you

Edit: I'm gunna recomend a good passive pickup anyway because i'm bored :/

The Seymour Duncan JB should be able to handle anything you can throw at it, and it's the most popular passive pickup among metal players. Awsome for rhythm and in my opinion better than a EMG for lead (high bends really whail)
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Sep 21, 2008,
this is not my pickup but ill try to explain whats happening.....
The screws hold the flat piece(arrow) in but i think the pickup part has come unglued maybe(If it is glued?)? When I push/pull on the pickup it sounds like its sticky. IDK how to really explain it.
Attachments:
Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
Ahh so the pickup has been completley dismantled!?

How the hell did that happen? Heads would be rolling if that happend to any of my guitars, apart from both my guitars have EMG's

If your pickup is dismantled you will need a new one. If you have no or little soldering experience pay to get it fitted.

And for the love of god hite your guitar when you leave the house!
So it was just like that when you came home, or do you know what happened but just feel to embarassed/complete stupid to tell us that it was something you did.
Pickups don't just do that, ever. Theres no reason for that to have just happened, therefor, I think this is total BS.