You know Epiphone have that gothic line of guitars, (Les Paul, SG, Explorer, Flying V, Thunderbird and Les Paul Junior) how come they are a lot cheaper than the modles that they are based on? Because I was thinking of buying the whole set ... i prefer their look, I have the Les Paul Junior Gothic (now out of production I believe) and I want to get all of them for like my signatures ... me and my bassist in my band use gothic guitars.

So what's everyone's opinion on em?
Matte finishes without laquer.

I had a goth Explorer. It was pretty cool but I'm not a fan of stockpiling mediocre guitars so I got rid of all the imports I had.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Just dont do that. Instead of buying the whole series, just buy one actual GOOD guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Just dont do that. Instead of buying the whole series, just buy one actual GOOD guitar.

u sayin my les paul junior isnt good? its a frikkin legend, seymour duncan p90 :P beast!
Quote by LiBam
u sayin my les paul junior isnt good? its a frikkin legend, seymour duncan p90 :P beast!

You Sound Just Like a Guitarist I know, who made my life a misery.....

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
no, he's saying that instead of spending like 3000 dollars for 5 more guitars, get one really good guitar instead. and P90's aren't the best pickups. personally, I prefer them as well, but I'd have to say P-rails are the best.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by LP_CL

That.

And those guitars are cheaper because of the matte finish and they come without binding, fretboard inlays... there's less decorative stuff on them in general.

If you like their look, save your money and get something better instead. ESP makes LP shaped guitars that look like that and those are a lot better than Epis.
If you buy the whole set it'd cost you as much as gettnig a custom guitar (maybe more) made for you.
And if you did that it'd be more "signature" like than just being known for using Epiphone Goth series.
Quote by TheQuailman
That.

And those guitars are cheaper because of the matte finish and they come without binding, fretboard inlays... there's less decorative stuff on them in general.

If you like their look, save your money and get something better instead. ESP makes LP shaped guitars that look like that and those are a lot better than Epis.

ESPs... pfft! oh yh, i forgot to mention i hate big makes ... i had the choice between gettin Billie Joe's Les Paul Junior signature or the Epi 79 punds model... i chose the Epi, i cant stand big makes ...
Yea I agree. Instead of buy loads of guitars get one awsome guitar, and maybie and amp too.

You can get an ESP Viper in matte black and they play and sound amazing

Build quality is second to none too

epi is a big corperate company... there owned by gibson...

Actually come to think of it I bet epiphone have sold the most guitars for the last few years. Everyone atleast knows someone who owns one
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by LiBam
ESPs... pfft! oh yh, i forgot to mention i hate big makes ... i had the choice between gettin Billie Joe's Les Paul Junior signature or the Epi 79 punds model... i chose the Epi, i cant stand big makes ...

How is Epiphone NOT a big make? (Especially because Epi is part of Gibson.) And what is wrong about big makes?
And anyway, my argument still stands: Why waste money on several mediocre guitars (which Epi goth guitars are) when you can get one good guitar instead? If you don't like the big brands, get something custom build for you, we can help you find a small guitar maker in your country that'll do that for you.
Quote by LiBam

Look at me. I'm cool because I choose crappy guitars over good guitars just because crappy guitar brands are more tr00 p0nx.

Grow up and stop wasting your money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Look TS, you obviously don't know much about gear yet (FYI: Your LP Junior doesn't have a 'seymour duncan P-90, it has a stock epiphone humbucker)

Just stick with the gear you have at the moment, practice on it. And when your better and know more about what the difference between a 'okay guitar' and a 'good guitar' is you'll realise what were talking about?
Can I just add, you'd like the big companies if you played their guitars.
They aren't big for no reason yakno!
Play a fender american strat and orgasm!
Play a Gibson les paul jr and realise "hey this is better than mine"
Play an Ibanez J-Custom and think "Why don't i have the money for this?!"
Etc.
Quote by LiBam

No it aint good. In fact: its crap compared to guitars 5-10 times that price. Like i said befor, DONT BE STUPID, DONT BUY THAT WHOLE SERIES. You are just going to spend ALOT of money on ALOT of crap.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Then go to a local luthier (most towns have one ) and do him and yourself a favour, get a custom.

How much would that be?

And would he really do a custom guitar that you want if you have the money, and in the right reasoning?
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
Before the thread got derailed, someone posted a few reasons why the guitars cost less. I have a couple to add-
-Lack of chrome covers
-Lack of trapezoidal inlays

I don't know many other changes, but if there's a lack of binding and in-house tuners, that'd drive the price down also.
Quote by LiBam

You have reached a level of nonconformity that no one else has reached. Sir, you have blown my mind.

And, just get a good guitar. Goth Epis are gross.
Wow...this is quite possibly the weirdest thread I've read in a while....nice way to come back after a LONG time away

Threadstarter....go out and play a Paul Reed Smith....then you might understand why we're recommending as we are....watch out though....with your expectations, the guitar may quite possibly blow your mind
Quote by darondood
How much would that be?

And would he really do a custom guitar that you want if you have the money, and in the right reasoning?

I know that in the UK, £1000 could get you a basic custom, a two humbucker one body wood, set or bolt neck sorta guitar with a simple bridge.
I've seen some quite snazzy customs go for £1500ish and over £2000 would be all the bells and whistles, but for the amount he'd spend on these guitars he'd be able to get one guitar that is essentially the same as these (two humbuckers, tune-o-matic bridge and a stoptail, mahogany body, set in mahogany neck etc) but with much better quality stuff and a better build wuality for the same price.