Ok people, I've found myself in a rather unusual, but pretty cool position! I've been playing for a couple of years now and have a pretty basic setup in which to jam with although i'm now starting a band with some mates. Now, the thing is, i also own a Motorbike which i don't ride so much anymore as when i find myself with time on my hands, where i used to ride my bike, i now play my guitar! I've been thinking of selling the bike and plunging the cash into my guitar setup....and the mrs thinks it's a good idea!!!!
So, here i am, looking at about £2500-£3000 worth of motorbike which i could invest into equipment (new amp, pedals etc, maybe a new guitar as well) but i find myself lost amongst all the stuff out there so i thought i'd ask for some people's thoughts as to where i should look.
I like to play heavy stuff with some cleans as well (Metallica etc) talking of which, Hetfields signature truckster has caught my eye!
Anyway, any pointers would be appreciated especially about a decent amp!
thanks
Si
Stay away from the Truckster. If you want to be like Hetfield, get one of the older MX Series ESP Explorers just like his.

Since you have a big budget, I'll just list some amps you might like.

Check out ENGL amps ( My favourite is the Blackmore ), Diezel amps ( The Herbert ), Wizard ( The Modern Classic), Mesa/Boogie ( The Mark IV or a Roadking) or maybe a Laney (VH100R or the TT100)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
seems like H4TBR33D3R reccomended some good amps, so no point in restating that. as for guitars, i would check out gibson explorers, and really any higher end ESP's. i would go get some links but my computers really slow right now and it takes FOREVER to load.

edit:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629
may need to swap the pups on that one since EMG'S arnt great for cleans. but with the amount of money you have....

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-FX400-Spalted-Maple?sku=512887

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Electric-Guitar?sku=517320

thats enough for now i believe
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Last edited by thespian948 at Sep 21, 2008,
Yeah, I would look at some ESPs, but dont get any of the signature models. You will only be paying extra for the dudes signature on the guitar when there are guitars of the same calibre for cheaper. Maybe just a regular Eclipse? Also look into a custom Carvin, amazing guitars.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Stay away from the Truckster. If you want to be like Hetfield, get one of the older MX Series ESP Explorers just like his.

Since you have a big budget, I'll just list some amps you might like.

Check out ENGL amps ( My favourite is the Blackmore ), Diezel amps ( The Herbert ), Wizard ( The Modern Classic), Mesa/Boogie ( The Mark IV or a Roadking) or maybe a Laney (VH100R or the TT100)

Pardon my ignorance, and my off topicness, but since when did Blackmore play metal? I know he uses ENGLs, but still, last time I checked, he plays renaissance!

Dearie me.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i say u do this....

Get a bugera 333xl 212
Get a Bc rich mokingbird
get a dimebag wah
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Lil Macker
Pardon my ignorance, and my off topicness, but since when did Blackmore play metal? I know he uses ENGLs, but still, last time I checked, he plays renaissance!

Dearie me.

He doesn't.

It doesn't mean his amp can't though.

The Blackmore has about as much gain as any other ENGLs. It just has a darker character to it is all.

It's my favorite amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
He doesn't.

It doesn't mean his amp can't though.

The Blackmore has about as much gain as any other ENGLs. It just has a darker character to it is all.

It's my favorite amp.

Touché.

Well, no matter what amp he uses, I can safely say, he's a very good guitarist!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Thanks guys for the reply's, Google is now my best friend as i go through the recommendations! cheers!
Well if I'm not too late to sway you,

This guitar through this amp with a Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor OD and anything else you see fit would pretty much rock the world.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales