So i'm looking to making a little home studio or something. But i want decent or good recordings. I have a budget of up to 2000 dollars for equipment. Was wondering if you guys could get me started on what i should get? Looking to record bands and what not.

Thanks!

OH btw I forgot to state im starting this with my friend and he already has a Presonus FP10 firewire interface. Which i'm assuming is a good interface?
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Last edited by Ryohazuki at Sep 21, 2008,
FP10 is a very nice interface and I suggest it for your use

Grab some SM57s, a few SM58s, condensers such as a Rode NT1A as well...

Stands, pop filters, cables...

For a sequencer go with a paid program like Cakewalk Sonar or Cubase

For monitors don't cheap out, they will make your life much easier when it comes to mixing your tracks. KRK has some great ones to start with however if you can afford some higher end ones I would go with that.
yea a nice PC would be nice to add to the list if you have some money left over. You dont need to spend $1,000 to get started though, I easily run Sonar Producer 7 on a computer worth $300 that I got two years ago...

Any higher end stock PC will work although sometimes they need a video card and some extra ram...more storage space is also very nice to have so toss in some 7200RPM hard drives.