http://www.myspace.com/wedriotforless

Rites of Spring esque emo from here in baltimore. They're about to recruit me on lead guitar, which will be cool. It'll be strange for me though, seeing as Ive spent the last week learning Protest the Hero and The Faceless songs on guitar, but it will be fun anyway
That sounds pretty good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i found them a while ago and didn't enjoy them and then this reminded me to look at them again and i enjoyed it. I was thinking, hey here's a band with two members....maybe i could do something with them, but hes on bass and when it comes to emo i'd rather play bass. But i wasn't too interested so i don't need to fret ha.
I found this quite enjoyable although most of you know I'm more a fan of the cleaner, clearer vocals.

but good music nonetheless.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Well I'm glad you guys like em! So what bands should I listen to/songs should I learn to help get me in gear for this stuff. I've been listening to a lot of jawbreaker, rites of spring, fugazi, propagandhi, etc, but what songs should I try learnin? Especially stuff that would help me in the terms of playin lead for this stuff.
I'd try Embrace, 80's hardcore, Hot Water Music, and Moss Icon. It's kind of hard to tell you because their influences are all over the place. I'd just wait to see what direction the band takes after playing with all the new members.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Mk thanks. I'm really familiar with 80's and 90's emo and screamo, I'm just not used to playing leads in this kind of music
I'll take a closer listen to Embrace and Moss Icon, and try to get my hands on some Hot Water Music.
But yea, it will be interesting to see the direction of the band with the lineup change. I'm gonna try not to change it, but of course with 2 new musicians, it won't stay the same.
you should definitely force them to start taking influence from Paramore and Hit the Lights.

>_>

<_<

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by saxaxe
Mk thanks. I'm really familiar with 80's and 90's emo and screamo, I'm just not used to playing leads in this kind of music
I'll take a closer listen to Embrace and Moss Icon, and try to get my hands on some Hot Water Music.
But yea, it will be interesting to see the direction of the band with the lineup change. I'm gonna try not to change it, but of course with 2 new musicians, it won't stay the same.
I'd take a look at Husker Du's leads. I think they'd give you a good starting place for writing leads for this type of music.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by saxaxe
...duh? That was completely irrelevant.
I don't think anyone tried to say they are hah.

Quote by saxaxe

Rites of Spring esque emo from here in baltimore.

two and a half men.
Quote by saxaxe
do you know what eque means?
It means they're the same style. I never made any quality comparisons.

yeah but you two where acting like I just picked a random band that was better than them
two and a half men.
Thats cool dude, im in the baltimore area too

finding a band is a bitch..
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
oh haha, idk if thats my scene as much.. plus i think i'd have to be the lead vocalist for my band i get too picky. but yeah thats cool maybe i'll go out to a show in baltimore, i need to get more involved with the music scene..

P.s since you go to towson are u going to four year strong? its at recher so im assuming about 30 seconds away from you
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
you should go to see ruiner, pulling teeth, government warning, braindead, the ergs!, and sick fix at 10 Car in towson. When you're at the recher you can see 10 car across the street, it's a thrift store.

i know you know sax, i'm refering to the guitarist132 guy.