Dear UG,i have 4 questions bout the cube 60

1.is it right for bedroom practice?

2.Is there much difference in sound quality with the 30x?

3.Is it alright for gigging?

4.How are the effects?

thanks guys
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
1) Yes
2) Aside from volume, not really
3) For smaller venues, possibly
4) Pretty good i suppose

However for the price of a cube 60 you could also look into a used peavey valveking or vypyr.
thnx m8, guess ill just go for a cube 30x then
or does some1 think thats a bad idea?
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
if your gonna be playing shows get the 60 for good measure.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
well actually i i'm not planning to gig anytime soon, i've only been playing for almost a year now with my damned squier sp-10 amp
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
i have the cube 60. you wont regret it
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
ok guys tell me, roland cube 60 + weeping demon or cube 30x +wd + switch pedal for effects and lead + pickguard (pearl white for my strat ^^)?
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by Billy Picken
The Vyper 30 is MUCH more versatile.

I agree. I owned a Cube 60 once. The Peavey VYPYR owns it in every single possible way.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I agree. I owned a Cube 60 once. The Peavey VYPYR owns it in every single possible way.

whats so great about the vypyr?my local music store doesnt sell it so ill have to order it online, want to know whats so great about it first...thnx
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by constructbot
whats so great about the vypyr?my local music store doesnt sell it so ill have to order it online, want to know whats so great about it first...thnx

Pretty much everything. It uses analog distortion so it sounds much more "valvelike" in it's response. The models are really close for what they are. You can get a pristine clean out of it and with one button push be at the most face melting distortion you have ever heard come out of a solid state amp. It just covers all the bases. It's the most versatile amp modeler to come out yet. You can add effects in every imaginable way and they sound GOOD too. Not like crappy digital effects a la Spider III. It really has to be heard to be believed. I wish you could play one. I'd recommend this amp blindly. You simply can't NOT like it.
1 yes
2 just louder
3 for smaller gigs, like a party or a small coffee house/bar/etc., the 30w wouldnt work for gigging though probably
4 they are pretty good, a lot better than the line 6 spider III effects.

I almost bought one, they are great amps, get the 60w
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Pretty much everything. It uses analog distortion so it sounds much more "valvelike" in it's response. The models are really close for what they are. You can get a pristine clean out of it and with one button push be at the most face melting distortion you have ever heard come out of a solid state amp. It just covers all the bases. It's the most versatile amp modeler to come out yet. You can add effects in every imaginable way and they sound GOOD too. Not like crappy digital effects a la Spider III. It really has to be heard to be believed. I wish you could play one. I'd recommend this amp blindly. You simply can't NOT like it.

wow, thanks a lot mate,im gonna pray that my music store gets them now!
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by constructbot
wow, thanks a lot mate,im gonna pray that my music store gets them now!

No prob. Definately play one. I swear you'll be blown away. I'd say it would be a safe bet to just order one without hearing it man, it's that good. Keep in mind though, I've only heard the 75. I don't know about the 15 and 30.
The school rock band project thing I play for owns a Cube he let us use for a talent show, spring concert, and everything in between sounded amazing whenever we used it. Plenty loud, Well-defined, and reliable. Then we came into the practice room, and it mellowed out perfectly. I recommend the Cube 60.

But you should definitely check out the Vypyr, as recommended by TheEsupremacy for you personal preference.
GTFO my sig
thnx guys ur all great
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
for the vypyr, do i need a sanpera foot-thing or can i just use a weeping demon wah on it?
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by constructbot
for the vypyr, do i need a sanpera foot-thing or can i just use a weeping demon wah on it?

No you don't need the Sanpera. You can use your weeping demon and it will sound killer. I also want to add that the VYPYR takes pedals great. I use my OCD on the Plexi model and get the sweetest sounding growl/crunch ever. As close to a Marshall as you can get without having the Marshall logo on it.
thanks so much!I know what i'll be getting for my b-day!btw.whats the dif between the 30 and 75? volume only?
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700