Hi...i've been wondering what guitar picks to buy. I'm going for either Dunlop Tortex picks or Dunlop Gator picks. Can u guys give me opinions about these two picks and which u like better for soloing. Thanks!
i've been using the gator picks for over a year now. the ones i use are the thickest i could find, and they're great for solos. plus the gators have way better grip.

<---- metal.
I don't do much soloing... but I use the Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm purple ones, standard shape and the big triangles.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by blue_strat
How

about

trying

them

out

?

/thread

fixed
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I used Tortex Blacks, about 1.0 mm forever, and the Gators were excellent, It had been hard to choose which I liked better, but I went for the Tortex.

Then i took scratching the pick up in a grid pattern with a razor blade to simulate gator grip.

J. Black= Win
GTFO my sig
Damn. Do you people can't make any decision for your self? I understand asking about opinions on guitars. but picks?! Come on.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
lol yeah pick r cheap justtry em out itsn ot like buyign a guitar where u cud essentially waste a lot of money, but i use tortex theyj ust felt them ost comfortable of all thep icks ive used
Quote by Mihyaeru
lol yeah pick r cheap justtry em out itsn ot like buyign a guitar where u cud essentially waste a lot of money, but i use tortex theyj ust felt them ost comfortable of all thep icks ive used

I'm no grammar nazi, but wow, learn how to proofread man.
For me, Dunlop Tortex's hands down.

I've spent a shitload on picks to find one that's right for me and it ended up being the Dunlop 88mm tortex's. (the green ones).

Before that I had gator grips which may I add are decent when you first have em but ****ING SUCK when the powder wears off (which for me was like a day or two).

Idk what the hype is with the Jazz III's. They're too small for me. Don't judge by those pics on gc.com or musician's friend. They're about half an inch if you stood them up. I guess that's good for some people but for me it's way too small. The point on it is fantastic though.

Imo Tortex feels like SHMECKS all the time. I'll never switch picks again.

brb burning my leftover gatorgrips on my kitchen stove.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Try the jazz III XLs. I though the standards were too small as well, but I love the XLs, they're the same size as a standard dunlop pick.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Imo Tortex feels like SHMECKS all the time. I'll never switch picks again.

I second this. They just feel right for me.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."