I'm currently using Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies. I'm looking for strings that can hold up well against alot of whammy bar abuse and can handle drop C, although I would like to go lower than that. Any strings out there that can do that? I'm sick of breaking strings, but love my whammy bar.
The problem is more likely with your guitar. What guitar is it? You may want to put in new saddles or something.
DR strings hold up pretty good with trems
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
How often do your strings break? Is it the same one? Maybe you might have sharp saddles.

If not, look at the Not Even Slinkies.

Those DRs look good too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
My guitar is a C-1 Hellraiser. 2 broken strings in 2 days, a G string and a high E string. I'll look into DRs now.
I play DRs, and i'm probably going to change. Because they're compressed from a higher gauge, they're pretty slack. I play in standard tuning, with occasional drop D or dADGAD, and they don't sound very good tuned down, in my opinion. I play 11s.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I play DRs, and i'm probably going to change. Because they're compressed from a higher gauge, they're pretty slack. I play in standard tuning, with occasional drop D or dADGAD, and they don't sound very good tuned down, in my opinion. I play 11s.

If you are using a Floyd, are you setting it up for drop tuning?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
A little bit. Is there some more correct way of stretching them then tugging on the whammy bar slightly for a few minutes? ?
Quote by Pinky19
If you are using a Floyd, are you setting it up for drop tuning?

I have a set bridge.

Let me clarify: I think they're loose in standard. Tuned down it's even worse.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I have a double locking trem too and I have used both slinkies with it and now d'addarios and i've found the d'addarios last a lot longer, than the slinkies (both being 10's)
also if your trem requires you to chop the balls of, quick tip to save money on strings

when you snap a string snip off the snapped end, and unwind some more string off the tuners and reclamp, get can get a couple of snaps out of each string this ways
Snapping 2 strings in 2 days is excessive. I reckon that your strings are either worn out, haven't been pre stretched or your guitar is a bit dodgy.

When I put new strings on my ibanez (S5470 prestige, all worship me) I can pull my trem right up till it hits the cavity and they don't break. I have 9's on mine (being my shred guitar, my other one has 11's) so Idk what guage to go for if you have a floyd and want heavy strings. I use earnie ball, everyone says they're **** after a week or so but I kinda like the increased bass because I play dropped a lot... playing 9's on a dropped ibanez with razor fine action is like the string are made of butter