Alright, so heres the deal. I have a Traynor YCS100. It has parellel speak out jacks. Its impendance is 4 or 8 ohms at 100 watts, and 2 or 4 ohms at 30 watts. For the cabs, i have 2 genz benz G-flex's. For those who arent familiar with the g-flex, it can be operated at 4 or 16 ohms i mono, or 8 ohms stereo. It also has a "mono extesion jack", i assume its use for daisy chaining.

Now, the question is how do i set this up? What impendance do i select on the amp if I daisy chain the 2 cabs? Or is it better to connect each cab directly to the amp? If so, what impendance would i select? As you can see, im not to knowledgeable in this stuff, so any help would be appreciated
Uh, I believe you'll want to set it up as 8 ohms in stereo and connect each directly from the amp. Wait for other people to post though, I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Set the amp at either 8 or 2 ohms, depending on whether you want to use it at 30 or 100 watts. Connecting two 16 ohm cabs to it will give you an 8 ohm load, and connecting two 4 ohm cabs will give you 2 ohms. So just set both cabs up as 16 ohms mono for the 8 ohm setting or the cabs as 4 ohms mono for the 2 ohms amp setting.

If you want to daisy chain the amps, you should be able to just run a single cable from one cab to the next to wire them in parallel, halving the total impedance. This means you'll set the cabs the same way, either 16 ohms mono each for the 8 ohm setting, or 4 ohms mono each for the 2 ohm amp setting. Then you'll just need to run a single cable from the amp to the closest cabinet.

edit: When you start doing this kind of experimentation with different cabinets and wiring setups, a simple multimeter is a great investment. You can find a cheap, but functional (for this purpose, anyways) analog meter at Wal-Mart for $4-5 US. Then you can always just pull out your meter and check the plug you're about to put into the back of your amp if you ever have doubts. If it reads approximately the same impedance you were figuring on, you should be safe.
Last edited by Stickymongoose at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by Stickymongoose
Set the amp at either 8 or 2 ohms, depending on whether you want to use it at 30 or 100 watts. Connecting two 16 ohm cabs to it will give you an 8 ohm load, and connecting two 4 ohm cabs will give you 2 ohms. So just set both cabs up as 16 ohms mono for the 8 ohm setting or the cabs as 4 ohms mono for the 2 ohms amp setting.

If you want to daisy chain the amps, you should be able to just run a single cable from one cab to the next to wire them in parallel, halving the total impedance. This means you'll set the cabs the same way, either 16 ohms mono each for the 8 ohm setting, or 4 ohms mono each for the 2 ohm amp setting. Then you'll just need to run a single cable from the amp to the closest cabinet.

edit: When you start doing this kind of experimentation with different cabinets and wiring setups, a simple multimeter is a great investment. You can find a cheap, but functional (for this purpose, anyways) analog meter at Wal-Mart for $4-5 US. Then you can always just pull out your meter and check the plug you're about to put into the back of your amp if you ever have doubts. If it reads approximately the same impedance you were figuring on, you should be safe.

Thank you! That explains it all!