i just saw this video and want to learn how to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMsq9qH-4xs

anyone know anything about this technique?
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar
Yeah i do alot of that. It's really simple, usually people use an open tuning (such as open G) and you just have to keep a rythm on your guitar (knocking at different places with a different amount of force will create different sounds), and just play around with that!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Practice

/stereotypical UG response.

Seriously though, the beginning takes a lot of percussive and rhythmic control, its not a very typical guitar skill at all. You'd have to work to be able to coordinate both hands to keep rhythm and play at the same time.

That being said, yes, modal and open tunings will help.

Edit: Am I the only one who find the ending creepy, but also funny?(creepy cuz of the gutteral shouts, funny cuz he ends on the word "cheese").

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Zerocrack, you are my hero today. This is the highlight of my week. Unlike what bluezombie says, this is not that simple, though once the technique is down, it gets fairly simplistic. The only thing I can compare this to is Justin King's Phunkdified.

This is not just "random" slaps and percussive guitar. This would be a very advanced piece to begin with though, I would suggest learning the basics of guitar slapping and acoustic percussive techniques before trying to handle this.
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
Zerocrack, you are my hero today. This is the highlight of my week. Unlike what bluezombie says, this is not that simple, though once the technique is down, it gets fairly simplistic. The only thing I can compare this to is Justin King's Phunkdified.

This is not just "random" slaps and percussive guitar. This would be a very advanced piece to begin with though, I would suggest learning the basics of guitar slapping and acoustic percussive techniques before trying to handle this.

The song in particular is rather difficult, but the technique itself is very easy to get down.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Just so all the tabs here on UG don't mislead you, that intro bit is in Dropped D, though the song that comes right after it is standard tuning half a step down. These people are so dumb that they can't see how his fingers are positioned; it has to be a dropped tuning. I'm currently tabbing it right now and maybe I'll go for a short tutorial as well.
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
Just so all the tabs here on UG don't mislead you, that intro bit is in Dropped D, though the song that comes right after it is standard tuning half a step down. These people are so dumb that they can't see how his fingers are positioned; it has to be a dropped tuning. I'm currently tabbing it right now and maybe I'll go for a short tutorial as well.

cool looking forward to it
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar
Oops, I spoke too soon without looking too carefully, this is actually in standard tuning. It can be played in Dropped D, and I think it's easier that way, but still.