What are the most common injuries resulting from collisions where you charge head on into another car? I was watching Burn Notice, and Michael Weston rammed his car into another (the other car was immobile) at a pretty high speed (I'd say 40?) and he pretty much just walked away from it.

Thanks.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
- Broken arms/legs/ribs
- Head injuries - brain trauma
- Paralysis
- Death
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Well it depends on the NCAP rating of the car. Like renaults youll walk away perfectly fine, a modern one that is. Hit it with like a Yugo from like russia in the 60's/70's - your pretty much gone :P

But most injuries in morden cars, is a broken femer, from the pedal smashing up through your foot bending it back snapping you bones. With like a 3 safety rating, but above that its mostly whiplash from being trown foward, thenstopped mid air.
40 really isn't TOO too fast. It is enough to hurt you, but probably not to kill you. If both cars were going 40 or better, that would be a different story. Really, hitting a stationary car is a lot less damaging to you and your car than if both cars were moving.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Yeah, my dad was hit in a Mk3 Golf which apparently isn't very good on front on impact but it has a very good side impact rating which is were he was hit from. Lucky, eh?
He still got whiplash though.
meh
I got back whacked at like 30 mph once, all i got was whiplash and some shoulder injury that didnt last long. But i was ****en pissed :P
I heard sum1 was in a car crash and they died cause they were picking their nose at the time and the airbag pushed their finger into their brain.

not sure if its true or not
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I think shattered kneecaps are quite common, or that might just be in fast motorsport crashes. Your arms often hit the centre console too, that can't be great.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Last edited by Cal UK at Sep 21, 2008,
Well, any of these fast-moving vehicles are deathtraps. And some people don't understand that and speed ridiculously, endangering their lives and those of people around them.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by TonyS42
I heard sum1 was in a car crash and they died cause they were picking their nose at the time and the airbag pushed their finger into their brain.

not sure if its true or not

Yeah, that has to be true.