Hey there i have a Stagg S300 ( Yeah i went the cheap way )

The thing is when i try to tap on the strings i get no sound unless i hit REALLY Hard, which i find odd, because i see other guitarists just softly touch the strings when they are taping, and they get a nice clean sound, while i get nothing.

But the worst thins is with the thin E String.
No matter what i do i cant get any Sound out of it. Nothing.

Is there something wrong in my skill? Is it the strings? What can i do about it?
probobly the pups are low output,

try putting you guitars volume pot to full, and putting more gain into your amp
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
practice makes perfect.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
It could be in your skill, but I find it impossible to tap on my Yamaha but easy on my Ibanez. I guess your guitar does make a difference.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
take the tape off
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
also you do have to hit the strings quite hard even though it is called "tapping"
by applying pressure you may slow down but you just practise, you also have to pull off with your tapping finger to get it to ring out.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
more practice and much more distortion
Quote by thanksgiving
You facepalm like a pro... man I want you in bed.
Well turning the Volume up and the gain helped a bit but the damn E string still wont ring, it's as if it's too near to the Edge of the fretboard.

I dunno crappy guitar :P I'll get a new one once my skills are good enough :P

And yes i need to hit the strings really hard, even though it's called tapping.