Right, in the past 3 or 4 months i've started playing bass. Thing is, all my gear is ****. Not that i have much.....

I bought a beginners bass off ebay, which is fine and i love it, except if I bend the neck i can silence the strings because they touch the fretboard and the pick-ups are also ****.

I think i've advanced loads in four months, i can play around the world and hysteria, in fact i can play most chilis songs. I want to start playing slap but my bass has almost no kickback so i can't.

My amp is also a modified guitar amp. I did it myself, in about 30 minutes. I was on a tight budget so I had to, but now I may have some money coming in soon.

It's my Birthday soon, I'm getting a job and then there's Christmas too, I should get a bit of money from it so.....Basically, help me! I need recommendations for a site that's cheap that you can get bass gear off and some sites with reviews of bass gear.

Thanks.
If you live in the uk www.gak.co.uk is awesome.
In europe www.thomann.de ships to the most of the EU.

Both are cheap, cheap delivery and offer good service.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Shops can be cheaper than online, because the "at the till" discounts and lack of postage often gives better price. My bass and amp were both cheaper to buy in a shop than online, and my bass had custom modifications.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Shops can be cheaper than online, because the "at the till" discounts and lack of postage often gives better price. My bass and amp were both cheaper to buy in a shop than online, and my bass had custom modifications.

But you can't really buy a custom ordered Warwick from an online shop. Well you can, but not one to your specifications.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Look into Soundslive.co.uk i bought my fender of them.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
But when you buy in a store, you have to pay sales tax, which with big products usually ends up being the same if not more than shipping (which with a lot of sites you don't have to pay).

I say to still look at ebay. If you know what you want, ebay can get it for you cheaper.
Quote by IndianRockStar
But when you buy in a store, you have to pay sales tax, which with big products usually ends up being the same if not more than shipping (which with a lot of sites you don't have to pay).

I say to still look at ebay. If you know what you want, ebay can get it for you cheaper.

and stripped. my friend ordered a strat online, the owner took out the electronics and sold them seperately. not always safe.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
and stripped. my friend ordered a strat online, the owner took out the electronics and sold them seperately. not always safe.

But the legit sites won't do that, and ebay has buyer protection. Plus most sellers aren't assholes, I've never had a bad experience.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by fleajr_1412
But you can't really buy a custom ordered Warwick from an online shop. Well you can, but not one to your specifications.

It was cheaper than the model with no upgrades.

And sales tax doesn't apply in the UK. This guy is English, so that also means UK sites.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
It was cheaper than the model with no upgrades.

And sales tax doesn't apply in the UK. This guy is English, so that also means UK sites.

Really?!

*moves to UK*

And I find it funny that you saved money. I was checking it out for me in America, it would cost $200 or something to get an ebony fretboard.
For reviews, harmony central and bgra.net are pretty good. Though, on bgra, almost all the reviews are either 90%+ or sometimes ≤25%, meaning that a lot of the people have no idea what they are talking about and disproportionate number of reviews are by someone who has had a bad experience. But my favorite place to look is google
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
musiciansfriend.com
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
also musicstore.de is always good.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by IndianRockStar
Really?!

*moves to UK*

And I find it funny that you saved money. I was checking it out for me in America, it would cost $200 or something to get an ebony fretboard.

if you don't want sales tax in america Oregon does not have it either
i strongly suggest you have a look at thomann.de, its a great site, and has free/cheap postage.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.