Well I don't know what to do about this:
I had a G string in place for the little e string and I came home to find that peice snapped off... what do I do?

Just broke at the tuner and stayed in the nut?

Well i mean just push the string down through your bridge, and pull it out the back of your guitar and repalce. only thing you can do :P

Wierd :P
buy a new nut
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Take it to a shop and they'll replace it.

And next time don't switch out strings like that. I could understand if you had to use a B but a G is just asking for somethign to go wrong.
Doesn't surprise me. Waaayy too much tension.

Edit: Before making such a drastic change, you should make some SERIOUS adjustments to the nut, bridge, etc.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Last edited by ledhead67 at Sep 21, 2008,
STOP PUTTING STRINGS THAT OBVOUSLY DON'T GO THERE IN THAT SPOT

/end rant

that was a really bad idea. This is gonna cost you a lot more than a new set of strings.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Cry. Get a new nut and let a professional install it. But I doubt it'll be cheap.

But something else: WHY the hell would you place a G-string where the e should be. It's probably way to thick.
Yeh i was thinking that, that its held in the nut because the strings to fat for the groove.
Quote by Cutlass_253
STOP PUTTING STRINGS THAT OBVOUSLY DON'T GO THERE IN THAT SPOT

/end rant

that was a really bad idea. This is gonna cost you a lot more than a new set of strings.

Yeah I know but I had it in drop C so i was like "Pshh twill be fine" but now I guess I'll bring it in, and I did that ebcause I broke the e string changing my strings so I was liek this might work...didn't...and another reason I thought it would wokr is because I was using 13 gauge strings so i was like OK! let's do it!
Quote by WtrPlyr
Cry. Get a new nut and let a professional install it. But I doubt it'll be cheap.

But something else: WHY the hell would you place a G-string where the e should be. It's probably way to thick.

It fit in there just fine with there actually, though 13 gauge strings though the E barely fit in the slot
Last edited by Dead.Memories at Sep 21, 2008,
Well you know not to do that now.

Go to your local music store, buy a new nut, and some superglue.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Well you know not to do that now.

Go to your local music store, buy a new nut, and some superglue.
I'll call in I guess...
if you want to fix it urself you can buy a new nut and i'll talk you through it.

in the meantime the piece can be glued back on if you want.

or take it in, should be about $30.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011