Page 1 of 2
This guitar looks so awsome I think Gibson is starting to get there shit back together ....what do you think about this guitar? Im GAS'ing for a gibson (I have a epi LP custom)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-Les-Paul-Axcess-Standard-Electric-Guitar-531000-i1424102.gc
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
I would never pay that much for a guitar unless it was custom made to my specs. Gibsons are fine, but to me they're way overpriced.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Les Paul + Floyd = Heresy

Just get an ESP Eclipse with a floyd or something. It's a bastard child anyways.

Albeit a better playing bastard child.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thought they were releasing an Alex Lifeson sig Les Paul with a Floyd exactly like that?

Does look nice but the floyd is just wrong IMO.
I think this is a step in the right direction for the Les Paul... now all they need is some 24-fret carbon fiber guitars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Looks cool, and could be sweet, but I neve use my whammy, and will probably get very few guitars in my lifetime with one.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
igh, saw that one coming.

do not want!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
ew
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

They need to take a step back. Gibson is one of the most innovative guitar companies of all time but now they are "innovatng" to the point of stupidity. Reverse guitars? Les Pauls wil Floyds?
They need to go back to their traditional stuff.
Les Paul + Floyd Rose = WTF?

Seriously, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that price, even without the floyd.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by mcrfobtai
They need to take a step back. Gibson is one of the most innovative guitar companies of all time but now they are "innovatng" to the point of stupidity. Reverse guitars? Les Pauls wil Floyds?
They need to go back to their traditional stuff.

Both Fender and Gibson have not really come out without with anything new in a long time. They are just seeing how far they can bastardize old guitars and reissue the ones that were good 40 years ago. I would love to see Fender do something new that is actually worth playing (not the TC90). It seems they have settled into their own niche and will not try to push the boundries any more.
Quote by end_citizen
Both Fender and Gibson have not really come out without with anything new in a long time. They are just seeing how far they can bastardize old guitars and reissue the ones that were good 40 years ago. I would love to see Fender do something new that is actually worth playing (not the TC90). It seems they have settled into their own niche and will not try to push the boundries any more.

Exactly. They made all these amazing guitars but they have noting left so they just **** with those classics
A saying comes to mind. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
Quote by Kevin Saale
A saying comes to mind. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Like Windows 98?

At least it's not a reverse Les Paul.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Blasphemy
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Raijouta
At least it's not a reverse Les Paul.

you bastard...........

if theres a reverse les paul I hold you personally responsible. and I will be forced to castrate you.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

ok
You guys do realize that Neil Schon has been using LPs with floyds in em for years right?
Seriously get in the game...

That looks cool, but i'm just not a floyd fan.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Les Paul + Floyd = Heresy

Just get an ESP Eclipse with a floyd or something. It's a bastard child anyways.

Albeit a better playing bastard child.

damn, why does everyone think that? i want to get a cheaper LP and do that to it. it no more wrong than having a hardtail on a strat, or a Flying V with single coils (seen it done, sounds amazing), or a woman loving another woman.

and if you disagree with that, then you, sir, are a homosexual.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by mcraddict81592
you bastard...........

if theres a reverse les paul I hold you personally responsible. and I will be forced to castrate you.

Sigged.

Although if Gibson DID make a reverse Les Paul, they will have truly gone mad and by then we'd be on Bizarro Earth where guitars play humans.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Idk I mean I think there doin a pretty good job all around I mean there still doin their reissue thing which like the other guy said and their "trying" to be innovative with the floyd rose thing and they have a good signiture series with slash I always that that would be an awsome guitar......I think their trying to focus on playability now which is a good thing because ive played some les pauls that had a shitty feel to them. I mean look at some of the new things they did wth the new 2008 standard the no heel design and the asemetric neck and the chambering which i guess isent really all that new but I mean my grimes with the less pual was that heel (fixed) the sometimes difficult necks (fixed) and the the 10lbs of guitar that I have to take back pills before and after I play lol (fixed) I think their doin a good job and their gettin better. I may get chewed out for this but I think that they are still ahead of Fender and always will be lol when I go to guitar center I dont see any Strats hung safely behind the counter lol I have to ask politely to play Gibson.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
gibson needs to clean up their act. everything they're doing doesn't seem to be justified, which is why people are hating on them.

if they:
improved QC
improved factory setup
lowered prices 15-20%
stuck with simple tried-and-true designs

they would be on top of the world.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Sep 21, 2008,
^Yeah, but 3k? I could get a custom guitar for that much, not something that came off the assembly line. Does it really make a difference if a machine cuts out the wood? I think fender is doin it right, giving skilled craftsmen consistent blanks to finish. It's technically not a handmade guitar, but the important bits are hand finished and I think that's what counts.
I think we need a few more people to parrot a line about heresy or Les Pauls not needing trems, I don't think it has been said nearly enough. But at least UGers are open to new ideas.

/end sarcasm

The Axcess has some great features on it. The Floyd Rose, a heel-less neck, and a thinner body. I don't really think those features are worth that much money but value is relative. If Gibson had the same guitar for $2500 and I actually had that much money, I'd pounce. Hard.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Ugh.....

I hated that guitar ever since I saw it. It's so.....

ugly.

Gibson seems to be losing their shit more than getting it back. Overpriced and ugly.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
All of you are bashing it without even playing it first. Gibson is just trying new things, that's all. A lot of players out there have actually wanted Les Paul's with Floyd Roses. It's diversity.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
i can get a whole lot more diversity for $3500.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
i can get a whole lot more diversity for $3500.

Yeah, you could get an american strat, a nice ibanez or jackson with some "metal" pups and probably a semi hollow of some sort.
I was going for all genres there and figuring each guitar would be around 1000. I would probably never by a metal guitar, but then again its not my thing.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I was going for all genres there and figuring each guitar would be around 1000. I would probably never by a metal guitar, but then again its not my thing.

Yeah, me neither.
I just never got into playing metal. I can't really do that whole sweep/shred thing and other than that, it isn't that fun to play
*shrugs*
I think it's ****in sweet. I might sell my Les and scrape together the cash to get it. Alex Lifeson's been using prototypes for the last year and it's also got a better neck joint and everything. It'll be a great guitar. The Floyd on it's not gonna be hard to tune either. It's non-floating. Personally I'd be using it all the time. This isn't new either. I think Gibson did em special order with a Floyd in the 80s.
Last edited by mmolteratx at Sep 22, 2008,
With that price, though, I'd much rather get a custom Les Paul than anything Gibson made... hell, I'd rather get something Gibson's never made - a 24 fret LP with HSH config!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Page 1 of 2