Hey guys. I hope some of you have noticed some news about this new(it was a while back but still) guitar neck with sort of "wave-looking" frets so that the pitch and intonation will be PERFECT all over the neck.

I can't remember the name for it but I do recall it beeing a swedish invention.

Hope someone can give me some input on this.

Thanks
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
^That's called scalloping man, not what he's talking about.

I know what you're talking about TS, but I don't think it could work. It might fix the intonation for one key but I don't know how it would fix all of them. If you can't deal with minor intonation problems inherent with all even tempered instruments (guitar, piano) then guitar might not be the right instrument for you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I know it's scalloping. All I saw was wavy neck so I went.. "Hmm now to find a picture" wasn't sure if he forgot about it or not though lol.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Like fanned frets?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I've heard/read/seen pictures of that thing too, and no, it's not scalloping. The frets weren't straight (they were wavy), so as to compensate for intonation.

...yes I understand that's the same thing the TS said, but I worded it differently in case someone didn't understand.

Edit: ^Looks sort of like that, but not quite the same thing.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Sep 21, 2008,
Summat Like this????

http://www.novaxguitars.com/
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
I don't know what he's on about but there's no such thing as perfect tuning. Tuning is always a compromise.
Steve vai mentioned his new 'true temperament' necks hes getting fitted to all his jems. It makes your intonation pitch perfect. it must be really pitch perfect for steve to apply them to all his guitars.

EDIT: beaten to it
Yes That's It! True Temperament!

Thanks!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Sep 21, 2008,
Now, all we have to do is wait for someone to come out with a scalloped, fanned, true temperament fretted neck!!!
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
that fanned thing looks mental, surely makes barre chords pretty tricky tho??
true temperament thing looks weird but looks easy enough to use