alright is the Carvin X212B 100W 2 X 12 combo amp good.
does it have good cleans/distorton tones? if not do you think a distortion pedal will fix that?
and is it reliable?

i like to play metal but i will play every thing.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=X212B

there is the site if you want to look at it.

can someone who owns the amp reply i wan some good feedback not some bull someone made up.
Quote by lespaul323920
but i need good cleans

If you need play clean 50% of the time you need good cleans.
If you play only cleans 10% of the time, then you need a tolerable cleans.

All in one is nice, but with cheaper stuff, you have to prioritize IMO.
Steve Vai used them in the 80's I think.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
but if i has good cleans can i just put a good distortion pedan in front and it will be ok right?
^Not really. I tried out my music teachers Fender and tried to pull off a metal / hi gain tone; no chance!
Definitely a great amp for the price as all Carvins are, and versatile as all Carvins are. However if you're just looking at high gain and cleans then I don't think this is the amp for you. What's your budget?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
If you patch an EQ and a distortion through the efx loop
you should be able to achive good distortion tones reguardless.
I don't even shred
The word on the street is that the cleans are amazing, the best in the price range.
The overdrive is lack-luster. You can probably boost it with a very good OD or distortion.

It's your call though.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
It has some of the best cleans out there, IMO. With the right EQ, OD, and other effects, it could definitely be satisfactory for any almost application.
sorry USD, but what about a bugera are they any good? but i deffinitley dont need anything over 100 tube wats ya know? thats why i like the carvin because it has the different watt selector from 25/50/100. so is there a amp that can handle heavy gain and switch wattage? dont forget cleans.
Last edited by lespaul323920 at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by Mwoit
^Not really. I tried out my music teachers Fender and tried to pull off a metal / hi gain tone; no chance!

no offense to this actual person, but this is wrong.
i can get te same exact tone as kirk hammets guitar on tracks such as and justice for all, master of puppets, damage inc, and dyers eve.
my setup(for metal) is a fender blues junior, a fender deluxe mim strat w/ scn pups FSR, and a digitech metal master. i simply crank alll the mids, lows, and highs.
so yes, u can get a great metal tone out of a fender(or other great clean amps)
Quote by lespaul323920
so i guess bugera is out of the question

not really cause it ha like 2 tubes so in theory if u take 1 tube out then it should be 60 watt's but i may be wrong but the word is that the Bugera's are damn fine amps but u should really play em before u judge em. they have pretty good cleans and more distortion then most people will need but i've heard they are coin tosses in terms of quality IDK bout that
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by stratdud39
no offense to this actual person, but this is wrong.
i can get te same exact tone as kirk hammets guitar on tracks such as and justice for all, master of puppets, damage inc, and dyers eve.
my setup(for metal) is a fender blues junior, a fender deluxe mim strat w/ scn pups FSR, and a digitech metal master. i simply crank alll the mids, lows, and highs.
so yes, u can get a great metal tone out of a fender(or other great clean amps)

That must sound terrible.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X