i am an emo and seen as a metalhead
2 2%
i am a chav
8 8%
no opinion/other
52 54%
Voters: 97.
Page 1 of 2
At my school certainly its full of morons who dont understand music. I was listening to hammerfall and this guy calls me an emo. Metallica are also referred to as emo, as are iron maiden. Its ridiculous. Anyone else get this kinda crap? also for the poll, i would say i am a metalhead but people call me an emo because they think distortion=emo. people for some reason say heavy metal is the same as a completely different strand of music. Its as dumb as calling mozart indie.
Last edited by Random3 at Sep 21, 2008,
i wear pink floyd and jimi hendrix t-shirts with jeans..and im seen as a loser druggie

EDIT

i listen to druggie music and im seen as a druggie but im not

amidoinitrite?
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Yeah, everybody knows that distortion = emo. That's why black metal is the most emo genre ever btw
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
in my school if you are white you are either an emo or a chav, which i am neither.

I listen to Deep purple, led zep etc and I am called a emo, but to be honest I really don't give a damn, they can go and listen to their akon and 50 cent music
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
this is stupid
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Random3
At my school certainly its full of morons who dont understand music. I was listening to hammerfall and this guy calls me an emo. Metallica are also referred to as emo, as are iron maiden. Its ridiculous. Anyone else get this kinda crap? also for the poll, i would say i am a metalhead but people call me an emo because they think distortion=emo. people for some reason say heavy metal is the same as a completely different strand of music. Its as dumb as calling mozart indie.

Meow.

Edit: I voted chav for the lulz.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
im seen as a stoner but im not
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
I try not to think of things on those terms.
CHECK OUT MY SHRED OVER AT DEAN GUITARS! RATE IT

IF YA DO THE CONTEST PM ME AND I WILL RATE YOU!
I just wear whatever the hell i want. Im mostly rock, hard rock, classical music and a whole bunch of other things.

I cant be classed apparently, apparently im a geek that doesnt look like one :P
a chav is like a wigger
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
dude, where I come from you could be the happiest mother****er with blond hair and listen to the ****ing heaviest metal bands around and you'd still be called emo, even when I'm wearing an ac/dc shirt I get called emo:p
metal is the best.
metal = GOD
metal>emo
metal...lica
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
I don't know what I classify myself as even...my favourite band are Metallica and I listen to some metal but I also like some emo stuff (if you can call it that) like 30 seconds to Mars, I even listen to Paramore.

I dress like a skater though (as I am one lol and really like skate gear) and when I told my social religion class that I listen to metal they were all like WTF. I asked a friend later that day what he thought I looked like (as far as stereotypes go) and he said if he had to choose he'd say I look like an Indie guy.

So I dunno
Quote by grind
what in the world is a chav?
British term, move along.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Novacane...
Um....I'm going to say 12?

.....Wait, you were asking us to guess your age right?

no i am 16. it doesnt actually matter what other people think i was just curious as to how many others are surrounded by close minded morons.

and these are the only options because this is what i am curious about.
Quote by The Jake
metal is the best.
metal = GOD
metal>emo
metal...lica

shoot yourself
two and a half men.
I don't know what people see me as. I don't pay much attention to that I guess.
We're only strays.
I wear whatever I want to. Which is mostly clothes from Kohls or Target. I don't know what I'm labeled because well frankly, I dont want to/care about what people think I am.
To be honest no one labels people apart from chavs nowadays. Chavs call us moshers, emos and goths, but no one cares about them because we all know they'll never enjoy their life as much as we will.

Of course, here in Surrey you still have the Emo kids vs. the Scene kids, which is funny because they're practically the same.

Could just be where I come from, but we've all grown up and accepted people for their differences. The whole of my sixth form lives in harmony, and apart from the chavs (who dropped out and now take courses in becoming mechanics, plumbers and electricians), we all get along.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Tell them blackout crew is Jazz fusion.
But seriously laugh at them and correct them.

They're the ones that put the donk on it right, innit?
I dunno really. I dress like an emo (skinny jeans and tight t-shirts), so I suppose that's how people see me. I listen to metal, hardcore and some screamo so if you called me an emo kid it wouldn't be entirely incorrect.

But I don't have any of the emo attitude bullshit. So yeah... because I'm a mix of all this kind of crap, I don't bother labelling myself, it'd be too hard. I just wear what I like and listen to what music I like.
Quote by rigiddigits
I don't take that kinda crap from nobody.

Because how I dress rarely reflects my music tastes.

this.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by af_the_fragile
They're the ones that put the donk on it right, innit?

*nods head in sad way*
i am a badass often seen as a dumbass.

Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Page 1 of 2