Ok, so when I buy my first electric guitar ( ). But because I'm a bit low on money, should I buy a electric guitar and buy an amp later on when I've developed my skills and can actually play (It'll be my first experience with a guitar) (It'll be anything from 3 - 6 months) then buy an amp? The amp will be a Roland Microcube.
Well, if I were you, I would just wait until I can get both at the same time. How much money do you have at the moment? Because you could probably get a decent starter pack.
Yeah, I'd wait until you can afford both. Playing acousticly on an electric can be great practice, but eventually you're gonna get frustrated at not being able to plug in. Have you looked at your local new n' used places (IE; Music-Go-Round)? Often times you can find small practice amps dirt cheap in those places. For your first guitar don't worry about being set on a single specific amp. Try out a few and find one that gives you a decent tone for as cheaply as you can get away with, because as you get better it's one of the first things you're going to want to replace. No sense in sinking a bunch of money into a temporary amp.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Sep 21, 2008,