what do you think guys
should i buy a distortion pedal to make my amp (laney lx35) sound better?
i know the amp is not that great but a peavey tube amp is on the way, and i can only buy the pedal tomorrow(i won 1000$ on store credit to spend in one day) so any suggestion for a pedal?
BTW i dont need a new guitar
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
No point buying pedals just because polishing a turd is as pointless as teaching a blind man to drive.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
what peavey tube amp are you getting? and where do you have $1000 store credit at?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
id say go for a preamp like the radial plexi, damage control liquid blues, etc

if you must go with a basic digital pedal, id recommend the landmine ld1 if your into metal

if you have a grand to spend look a bit higher up on the spectrum than just the valveking or a vox ad. keep in mind the vox is a modelling amp which kinda defeats the point of using a pedal
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
keep in mind the vox is a modelling amp which kinda defeats the point of using a pedal

good point
but i am not spending that credit in the amp
i am gigging and never will gig with this amp, this is just for practice with band
i have a nice gigging gear avaliable when needed
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400