Can a combo amp like a Fender Blues Jr. be used as an amp speaker cabinet for another amp head.

Thanks in advance.
Don't think so. But, you can run some combos into a cab, making it a piggy-back stack.
Why would you spend $500 on an amp w/ one small speaker, when you could buy a larger cab for the same price.?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Why would you spend $500 on an amp w/ one small speaker, when you could buy a larger cab for the same price.?

maybe he already has the fender, wants to upgrade to a half stack, but can't afford to buy it all at once?
It depends on wether or not it has an ext. speaker jack. If so, you're set. If not, you can get around it by opening the amp, disconnecting the speaker wires from the speakers, then soudering/otherwise affixing them to a 1 1/4" jack (a couple bucks at any guitar store).

-Edit- Nevermind, I had it backwards.

IMHO you'd want to get the cab first, so you can hook the amp you currently have to it, then buy the head. Going the other way around kinda defeats the purpous of having an amp head. Sure, you can do it, but it'll sound shoddy at best, possibly even sound worse then what you're playing through now.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Sep 21, 2008,
as long as the OHMs match up, i think it can. as long as it's one of those amps that plugs into the amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
So it can happen or it can't? The thing is, I'm trying to decide between the twangy blues sound of the Blues Jr and the snarl of a Blackheart little giant. I just thought if I could just stick that BH head on top I could have my cake and eat it, too.
Quote by adlankj
So it can happen or it can't? The thing is, I'm trying to decide between the twangy blues sound of the Blues Jr and the snarl of a Blackheart little giant. I just thought if I could just stick that BH head on top I could have my cake and eat it, too.

It can potentially, but it'd be a waste of time because the speaker in the combo amp woulden't be able to give you the tone you'd expect from an amp head. It'd sound like a slightly different version of what you're currently using, not to mention it'd take some wiring to get it working.

Save up, buy a cab, use the practice amp with the cab, then save up for a head. If all you want is a little gain, buy a pedal and save up for the whole half-stack. It simply woulden't make much sense IMO to run an amp head through a tinny practice amp speaker when generally you'd want at least 2x12 Celestions.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by usedillusions
maybe he already has the fender, wants to upgrade to a half stack, but can't afford to buy it all at once?

Well, I meant if he was going to buy one.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."