Hey UG I got a little question. Im going to soon be purchasing a MIM strat, and am getting a deal on texas specials. I realize theres going to be a lot of hum due to the single coils. I was thinking about maybe getting a humbucker of some sort in the bridge for some more distored stuff, but I dont know how much im gonna need a HB, since ive never played the pickups. I was just wondering if anybodyhas some experience with these pups and can tell me like how bad is the hum with distortion, or if I should try to get noise cancelling pups. Thanks.

BTW Im getting the set of texas specials for 70$ if i decide to get them. I also plan on modding the bridge and possibly adding a spring in the back. Thanks
play the guitar before thinking of modding it .

plus, if there's a lot of hum you can revert the polarity of the middle pickup , some strats have that already
yea i know. Im gonna play the guitar in a week or so. what do u mean by revert the polarity of the middle pickup?
he means reverse, I think.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.