...had a rather lovely music related conversation with my new band. We talked about our "musical direction", and various band related ideas, and it turns out we all think in the same way, and it feels awesome.

Basically, have you ever had a conversation with a group of people and suddenly realised they're all on the same page musically, and share the same ideals and passion? I'm on a bit of a musical high at the moment, and frankly I've never been this stoked on playing and writing music.

Bands are awesome.
Quote by treflip
...had a rather lovely music related conversation with my new band. We talked about our "musical direction", and various band related ideas, and it turns out we all think in the same way, and it feels awesome.

Basically, have you ever had a conversation with a group of people and suddenly realised they're all on the same page musically, and share the same ideals and passion? I'm on a bit of a musical high at the moment, and frankly I've never been this stoked on playing and writing music.

Bands are awesome.

yeah dude, like when everyone in the band just Clicks, i love that feeling
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Yeah, I get that with the drummer in one of the bands I'm in. We both write songs for the band, and we're just on the same page: although our ideas sound different, we do the same sorts of things. He's also one of my best friends.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
never felt like you
nobody understand my musical taste =(
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
I wish it was like that in my band...

My lead guitarist (who is actually pretty skilled at playing and writing) will just write a riff and maybe a second one and call it a song.

I try to explain that the same riff played over and over is boring to the listener, and that we need more complexity,
but he just ignores me.

And the other two guys in my band just generally **** around when we're trying to write.

I wish more talented musicians lived near me...
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
writing screamo sucks, i have no idea what you speak of, only people finding my lyrics to depressing 4 them
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
Yep. I really like the band I'm in right now. I've never been so excited in a band before.

Might be because this is only the second band I've had where I play guitar and sing (I've played drums in most of my bands), and I'm pretty much in charge of how we sound.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I've had this. lol. it's very nice. mostly with my lead guitarist. we mesh perfectly.

then my rhythm guitarist and drummer mesh well together. me and lead guy go improvise while the other two watch us and laugh, while holding it together. yay...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
sounds kinda gay
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A