While strolling around the internet, my friend and I were incredibly shocked and dissapointed to see this;

http://ema.mtv.co.uk/vote/

Take a look in the "Best act Ever" Catagory

Fall out Boy, The jonas brothers, and many other completely shit groups are being nominated beside the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones

Seriously, this pisses me off so much.

How can they even comprehend comparing those bands.
It's no better in the other catagories, either.

The music industry and its counterparts have officially gone to hell.
Quote by blink182plus44
hey buddy guess what

a lot of people think the jonas brothers and fall out boy are better than all your classic rock

i am one of those people

Im not the biggest fan of "classic rock" "buddy".
Actually, I enjoy bands that put effort and thought into there songs. Rage against the Machine, Muse (who's lead guitarist, Pianist and Singer has more talent in his baby toe than all the Jonas brothers combined) are a little taste of my preference

Theres no denying that those mediocre MTV sheep bands have zero talent when compared to those not even mentioned on the list. Do yourself a favor and open your eyes.
Why are you complaining? Rick Astley is clearly going to win.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by blink182plus44
hey buddy guess what

a lot of people think the jonas brothers and fall out boy are better than all your classic rock

i am one of those people

lolz, i'm sigging this
It's significantly better than the VMA's, surprisingly.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Cold Flame44
lolz, i'm sigging this

Should i feel ashamed or awesome?
I think you don't really get the point of what I said.

@TS, my eyes are wide open, I like Muse way more than the Jonas Brothers, and I'm not trying to say that you only listen to classic rock.
I'm saying that more people like the Jonas Brothers and Fall Out Boy, and I'm sure back in the 60s, more people liked the Beatles than bands that were 20+ years old.
And saying that I liked the Jonas Brothers more than the Beatles, although true, was kinda just thrown in to see your reaction. People have opinions, and your opinion is not as popular as mine is.
Maybe you should open your eyes to pop music like Fall Out Boy. Why do people like it? Because they write catchy melodies and lyrics that people understand. Why did people like the Beatles? I don't know, but it was probably for similar reasons.
And I'm not saying I don't like the Beatles, they're pretty good.

EDIT II: ^ Way to go. Void every defence i had for you.

Quote by TheDistrict

Fall out Boy, The jonas brothers, and many other completely shit groups are being nominated beside the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones

...Huh? I don't understand.
Led Zeppelin = Just as bad as falloutboy.
Rolling stones = just as bad as the jonas brothers.
MTV europe = major fail.
MTV needs an extension for just finland/norway.

EDIT:

Quote by TheDistrict
Im not the biggest fan of "classic rock" "buddy".
Actually, I enjoy bands that put effort and thought into there songs. Rage against the Machine, Muse (who's lead guitarist, Pianist and Singer has more talent in his baby toe than all the Jonas brothers combined) are a little taste of my preference

Theres no denying that those mediocre MTV sheep bands have zero talent when compared to those not even mentioned on the list. Do yourself a favor and open your eyes.

*listens*
Yay, good lyrics.
Musical wise? no.
Vocal range? No chance. Even against the jonas brothers.

Yes, Someone needs to open their eyes.
I believe his eyes are wide open. As it's an opinion, faggot.
get over it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Sep 24, 2008,
Quote by Seth Shadows
*listens*
Yay, good lyrics.
Musical wise? no.
Vocal range? No chance. Even against the jonas brothers.

Yes, Someone needs to open their eyes.
I believe his eyes are wide open. As it's an opinion, faggot.
get over it.

Eh man, Muse is pretty good.

And RATM's lyrics aren't that great.
Quote by Hanzi_G
Why are you complaining? Rick Astley is clearly going to win.

i went to that website that automatically votes for him, i walked off went back to the computer after a couple of hours and it had given him about 10000 votes its this website http://www.partyhard.biz/static/rick.php
who cares? honestly...
get over it.. people like it so what? just becasue they dont liekt he same music is no reason to penalize someone.. jeez.